AP, File, Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision
NEW YORK — A representative for One Direction says the band's lawyers are dealing with a video showing two band members smoking what the singers referred to as an "illegal substance."
British tabloid The Daily Mail posted a five-minute clip Tuesday of Zayn Malik smoking and speaking with Louis Tomlinson, who is filming.
Their publicist said: "This matter is in the hands of our lawyers."
In the video, 22-year-old Tomlinson says they are in Peru. The band, on an international tour, stopped in Lima, Peru, last month.
Tomlinson says "joint lit, happy days," and asks his bandmate, "What do you think Zayn about that kind of content?"
"Very controversial," the 21-year-old Malik responds.
The band will perform Wednesday in Sunderland, United Kingdom.
- NORAD 'tracks' Santa's journey across globe
- Photo gallery: Christmas around the world
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near Ferguson
- Our six heroes of 2014
- Final goodbye: A roll call of some who died...
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush to stay...
- Severe storms slam the South, killing at least 4
- Blizzard gives Hawaii summits a White Christmas
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,... 17
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by... 15
- Going it alone, Obama rocked the boat... 13
- Officer kills armed 18-year-old near... 10
- Pope in blistering critique of Vatican... 9
- Key developments in the case of slain... 9
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger... 6
- Senate, CIA agree torture program was... 6