AP, File, Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision
NEW YORK — A representative for One Direction says the band's lawyers are dealing with a video showing two band members smoking what the singers referred to as an "illegal substance."
British tabloid The Daily Mail posted a five-minute clip Tuesday of Zayn Malik smoking and speaking with Louis Tomlinson, who is filming.
Their publicist said: "This matter is in the hands of our lawyers."
In the video, 22-year-old Tomlinson says they are in Peru. The band, on an international tour, stopped in Lima, Peru, last month.
Tomlinson says "joint lit, happy days," and asks his bandmate, "What do you think Zayn about that kind of content?"
"Very controversial," the 21-year-old Malik responds.
The band will perform Wednesday in Sunderland, United Kingdom.
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans...
- Northern California wildfire destroys 10 homes
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Sarah Palin launches online subscription channel
- Judge rules against Donald Sterling, OKs...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 17
- Ted Cruz demands answers on FAA flight... 16
- Varying health premium subsidy amounts... 13
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 13