AP, File, Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision
NEW YORK — A representative for One Direction says the band's lawyers are dealing with a video showing two band members smoking what the singers referred to as an "illegal substance."
British tabloid The Daily Mail posted a five-minute clip Tuesday of Zayn Malik smoking and speaking with Louis Tomlinson, who is filming.
Their publicist said: "This matter is in the hands of our lawyers."
In the video, 22-year-old Tomlinson says they are in Peru. The band, on an international tour, stopped in Lima, Peru, last month.
Tomlinson says "joint lit, happy days," and asks his bandmate, "What do you think Zayn about that kind of content?"
"Very controversial," the 21-year-old Malik responds.
The band will perform Wednesday in Sunderland, United Kingdom.
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Racing wildfire engulfs homes in California town
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Feds chase treasure hunter turned fugitive
- Top 15 states for education
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 66
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 12
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5