AP, File, Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision
NEW YORK — A representative for One Direction says the band's lawyers are dealing with a video showing two band members smoking what the singers referred to as an "illegal substance."
British tabloid The Daily Mail posted a five-minute clip Tuesday of Zayn Malik smoking and speaking with Louis Tomlinson, who is filming.
Their publicist said: "This matter is in the hands of our lawyers."
In the video, 22-year-old Tomlinson says they are in Peru. The band, on an international tour, stopped in Lima, Peru, last month.
Tomlinson says "joint lit, happy days," and asks his bandmate, "What do you think Zayn about that kind of content?"
"Very controversial," the 21-year-old Malik responds.
The band will perform Wednesday in Sunderland, United Kingdom.
- Winners and losers under Obama's immigration...
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal...
- Investigators may have recovered up to 30,000...
- Ice snarls Michigan roadways, airport runways
- 37 homes collapse, dozens injured in...
- Consumer group lists '10 worst toys' for kids
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring, Elder L....
- Obama immigration plan good, not great for...
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 63
- Utah members of Congress slam Obama's... 55
- Obama to announce immigration action... 30
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 28
- Q&A with President Henry B. Eyring,... 22
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- President Obama's immigration speech... 14
- Boehner: 'We will not stand idle' on... 14