AP, File, Photo by Charles Sykes/Invision
NEW YORK — A representative for One Direction says the band's lawyers are dealing with a video showing two band members smoking what the singers referred to as an "illegal substance."
British tabloid The Daily Mail posted a five-minute clip Tuesday of Zayn Malik smoking and speaking with Louis Tomlinson, who is filming.
Their publicist said: "This matter is in the hands of our lawyers."
In the video, 22-year-old Tomlinson says they are in Peru. The band, on an international tour, stopped in Lima, Peru, last month.
Tomlinson says "joint lit, happy days," and asks his bandmate, "What do you think Zayn about that kind of content?"
"Very controversial," the 21-year-old Malik responds.
The band will perform Wednesday in Sunderland, United Kingdom.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Another American hostage at risk by Islamic...
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- Police, protesters collide again in Ferguson
- Allow student loan bankruptcies, but hold...
- Colleges add luxury touches to new football...
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 68
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 25
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry says indictment is... 22
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 22
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 15
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14