Mark Rightmire, Orange County Register, Associated Press
MISSION VIEJO, Calif. — Authorities in Orange County say four killings in a suburban home are a murder-suicide.
Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Hallock had already said no suspects were being sought after the bodies of two male and two female victims were discovered in the home in Mission Viejo on Tuesday morning.
But at a late-afternoon media briefing, Hallock said investigators had ruled that one of the victims had killed the other three before committing suicide.
The bodies remained in the home late in the day, and authorities had yet to release the names, relationships or causes of death of any of the victims.
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Africa and...
- Students clean up after mayhem near pumpkin fest
- Friends, family of Dallas Ebola patient reach...
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign of split
- Wanted: Cities interested in hosting 2024...
- The poorest of the poor in many Third World...
- Some 60 head of cattle shot in Nevada spree;...
- Indiana man's confession leads to 7 bodies
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- Official: 2nd worker isolated within 90... 21
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 21
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 16
- Are teachers getting behind Common... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Utah health officials prepare for... 13
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 12