Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
BOUNTIFUL 3, MOUNTAIN CREST 2: Tanner Redding pitched six shutout innings, and then teammate Parker Depasquale came on in the seventh to narrowly preserve the save as Bountiful held off Mountain Crest to advance to the 4A state championship game. Ryan Stringfellow led Bountiful by going 2 for 3.
SPANISH FORK 16, MOUNTAIN CREST 0: Spanish Fork's Brady Bates went 2 for 4 with two home runs, and he also threw a five-inning no-hitter as Spanish Fork overwhelmed Mountain Crest for the victory in the 4A one-loss bracket at UVU. The Dons pounded at 15 hits against Mountain Crest, including three each from Ryan Golish and Jade Nielsen. Nick Roberts had one official at bat for Spanish Fork, but between a grand slam and two sacrifice flies he finished with six RBI.
JORDAN 9, LAYTON 2: In his first start in two weeks, Jacob Dirkson struck out seven and only allowed two hits in an impressive performance to lead the Beetdiggers to Friday's 5A championship. Morgan Gomez went 3 for 4 for Jordan with two RBI, while Cale Hathaway provided the big hit in the fifth inning with a bases-clearing double. Layton's pitching staff was never really in the game thanks to seven walks.
PLEASANT GROVE 12, LAYTON 0: Pleasant Grove scored seven runs in the second inning capitalizing on three Layton errors and never looked back in the convincing victory over in the 5A one-loss bracket. Jade Smiit went 3 for 3 with two RBI for the Vikings.
RIVERTON 1, FREMONT 0: Nick Tanner kicked the lone goal for Riverton in the 5A championship win over Fremont. The Silverwolves' solid defense, which has only allowed three goals in the last 12 games, contributed greatly to the victory Thursday night. Parker Seegmiller earned his 12th shutout of the season, giving him the best record in the state.
SALEM HILLS 4, SPANISH FORK 3: Salem Hills defeated the Dons to advance to the 4A state championship game Thursday evening.
SALEM HILLS 10, BONNEVILLE 1: The Skyhawks defeated the Lakers to force a second game in the double-elimination championship Thursday. Pitcher Kirtlyn Bohling hit a home run in the fourth inning to help the team earn the victory.
SALEM HILLS 8, BONNEVILLE 2: The Skyhawks won the title with their second win over the Lakers.
TAYLORSVILLE 10, LAYTON 2: The Warriors defeated the Lancers to advance to the 5A state title game Thursday night. Aseneca Lesuma earned five RBIs with a grand slam and a home run.
LEHI 5, TAYLORSVILLE 4: Syd White led the Pioneers to the 5A title, pitching a complete game and scoring two runs. Taylor Tahbo earned two RBIs, while Abby Padilla went 3-for-3 in the win. Brooke Willes made a diving catch in left field to end the game. Karlee Jensen had a two-run home run for Taylorsville in the loss.
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has...
- Cougars respect Nebraska, but say they...
- Flaming spears, furry mascots and drum lines:...
- BYU football: The Nebraska Cornhuskers in 6...
- Morning links: Taysom Hill profiled by ESPN;...
- Dick Harmon: College predictions: Utes to...
- Red and blue recruits: Jaren Hall excited for...
- BYU football notebook: Cougars to welcome...
- Lone Peak's Frank Jackson sees Duke as... 77
- BYU's Davis faces misdemeanor assault,... 69
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 51
- Utah's 'big game' against Big Blue has... 40
- Michigan to debut its Harbaugh era in... 37
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 30
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Morning links: Taysom Hill, Chuckie... 29