Uncredited, ASSOCIATED PRESS
MIAMI (AP) — Ray Allen's 3-pointer with 32 seconds left highlighted a huge Miami rally, and the Heat advanced to the Eastern Conference finals by topping the Brooklyn Nets 96-94 on Wednesday night.
The Heat won the series 4-1, and will face either Indiana or Washington in the East finals starting next week.
Miami had not led since late in the second quarter before Allen's shot from the left wing put the Heat up 93-91. Shaun Livingston tried to answer with 24 seconds left, missing in the lane and Chris Bosh controlled the rebound for Miami.
Allen made a pair of free throws with 21.6 seconds to play, capping a 12-0 run that erased an eight-point deficit.
LeBron James scored 29 points and Dwyane Wade had 28 for the Heat. Joe Johnson scored 34 for the Nets, including a 3-pointer with 11 seconds left that got his team within one.
SPURS 104, TRAIL BLAZERS 82
SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard each scored 22 points, and San Antonio overcame an injury to Tony Parker to beat Portland and close out the Western Conference semifinals.
Patty Mills scored 18 points and Tim Duncan had 16 points and eight rebounds for San Antonio, which had four blowout victories in the five-game series.
Parker sat out the second half with tightness in his left hamstring.
It's the third straight conference finals appearance for San Antonio, which lost a heartbreaking seven-game series to the Miami Heat in last season's NBA Finals.
San Antonio, which had the NBA's best record, will await the winner of the series between Oklahoma City and the Los Angeles Clippers. The Thunder have a 3-2 lead.
LaMarcus Aldridge had 21 points for Portland, while Damian Lillard added 17 points and 10 assists.
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still dismissed...
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham...
- Utah Jazz: 'Hungry' Trey Burke keeping busy...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Pac-12 notebook: Whittingham clarifies...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 99
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32