EMERY 13, BEAVER 6: Emery pounded out 13 runs on 17 hits to advance to the 2A championship game at UVU with a convincing victory over Beaver. Ethan Tuttle went 3-for-4 with a double and home run to lead the Spartans.
EMERY 12, GRAND 3: The Spartans routed the Red Devils for their second win of the day.
EMERY 16, GRAND 9: Emery won its third game of the day in dominant fashion to capture the 2A baseball state championship.
MURRAY 10, WOODS CROSS 0: The Spartans scored 10 runs off of 10 hits to defeat Woods Cross in the first round of playoffs.
SPANISH FORK 7, BONNEVILLE 0: Maverick Buffo struck out 13 batters and Spanish Fork had a balanced team effort at the plate en route to blanking Bonneville.
MOUNTAIN CREST 1, WASATCH 0: In a dandy pitching performance from Mountain Crests Ben Weese and Wasatchs Makord Larsen, who each only allowed four hits, the Mustangs survived to advance on a sacrifice fly in the eighth inning.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 6, KEARNS 2: Mountain View scored four runs in the seventh inning, capitalizing on some poor Kearns fielding to break open the close game and advance to the 4A second round. Jordan Raab picked up the victory for the Bruins only allowing five hits.
SALEM HILLS 13, BOX ELDER 9: Austin Hanks pitched the win from the mound and roped two doubles for the Skyhawks in the victory over Box Elder. Salem Hills was fairly sound defensively until the bottom of the seventh, as the team produced a triple play in the bottom of the second inning.
VIEWMONT 5, PLEASANT GROVE 3: Davis Madsen smacked a double and a home run to help lift the Vikings over Pleasant Grove for the first round 5A win.
LAYTON 4, RIVERTON 2: Layton scored three runs in the bottom of the sixth inning, aided by a big triple by Quentin Marcelin to advance to the second round of the 5A playoffs.
LONE PEAK 5, DAVIS 2: Lone Peak pounded out 12 hits and never looked back after jumping out to the three-run first inning lead, continuing the trend of great baseball late in the season. Grant Lyman picked up the victory for the Knights.
JORDAN 7, HUNTER 0: Mason Krueger led the way with three hits as the Beetdiggers defeated Hunter in the first round of 5A playoffs.
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected 75-68...
- Jazz beat Clippers 102-91 to snap 13-game...
- Cougars set to face Aggie QB Keeton in his...
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Utah State students plan a 'beard out' for...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 57
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 32
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad... 31