Ravell Call, Deseret News
DIAMOND RANCH 12, AMERICAN LEADERSHIP 9: Diamond Ranch prevailed in a slugfest to clinch the final berth in the 2A state tournament with a play-in game victory over American Leadership.
COTTONWOOD 15, HILLCREST 1: Cottonwood jumped out to an early lead and cruised the rest of the way to knock off Hillcrest on the road. Five different players ripped doubles, while Carter Owens picked up the win on the mound to lead the Colts in the win.
WEST 17, HUNTER 4: West's 10-run fourth inning proved to be the difference-maker as the Panthers cruised past Hunter on the road. Connor Abrath's double set the pace for West in the win.
TAYLORSVILLE 7, GRANGER 1: Austin Buttenob fanned eight Granger batters and picked up the win on the mound to lead Taylorsville past Granger at home.
MOUNTAIN CREST 5, LOGAN 4
KEARNS 8, WOODS CROSS 5
CYPRUS 5, HIGHLAND 4: Cyprus was able to plate one run in the top of the seventh to outlast Highland and pick up the narrow road victory. Parker Loutensock doubled while Sean Finley pitched the win to lead the Pirates in the win.
TIMPANOGOS 5, CORNER CANYON 1: Tate Laing gave up just four hits and one run to pick up the win on the mound and help Timpanogos edge Corner Canyon on the road.
SKYLINE 2, MOUNTAIN VIEW 1: Dimitri Sakellariou threw four strikeouts and only allowed four hits to get past him in the close win over Mountain View on the road.
MURRAY 10, OREM 0: Murray got up on the board in four of the first five innings to cruise past Orem. Spencer Downs pitched the shutout victory, while Zach Collins knocked one out of the park and Kolton Larsen doubled to lead the home team.
PROVO 13, TIMPVIEW 3: Provo plated runs in all five innings as the Bulldogs blew past Timpview on the road.
WASATCH 9, SPRINGVILLE 5: Makord Larsen pitched the win on the mound, and Wasatch recorded 16 hits on the afternoon to secure a playoff spot ahead of the upcoming state tournament.
PAYSON 9, RICHFIELD 1: Seth Sorensen pitched a complete game, giving up just three hits and one run while fanning 10 Richfield batters to lead Payson to the win.
PAYSON 13, RICHFIELD 1: Payson blew past Richfield in the second game of a doubleheader to capture the Region 12 crown for the first time in at least 20 years. Jace Carter's double set the pace for the home team in the win.
JUAB 6, CARBON 4: The Wasps held on to an early 4-3 lead.
CARBON 6, JUAB 2: Dillon Lowe nailed a triple as the Dinos brought four runs across the plate in the fourth inning.
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss to...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- BYU deals with tough overtime losses at Maui...
- Purdue's pair of 7-footers draw plenty of...
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 94
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- BYU looking for strong finish in... 29
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 27