BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors scored 8:38 into overtime to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 4-3 Tuesday night and take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series.
After falling behind 1-0 8:38 into the game, Utah took a 2-1 lead to the first intermission. Martin Lee scored a power-play goal with 5:55 left in the period to tie the contest at one as he sent a puck in through traffic. Charles Sarault and Danick Paquette drew assists.
Utah made it 2-1 four minutes later and with 1:55 left in the frame after Derick Martin got a puck up ice and Sarault this time found Jamie MacQueen going hard to the net in his return to the Utah lineup. The goal came four seconds after Utah killed their first power-play of the night.
Bakersfield tied the game 90 seconds into the second period before Charlie Sarault gave Utah their 3-2 lead back. He went under the bar as he crossed the blue line on a pass from Brendan Jamison with 3:25 left in the second period to complete his three-point night on one goal and two assists.
The Condors tied the game with 4:30 left in regulation. In the extra session, Utah had recorded six straight shots before the game-winner off a face-off.
Game 4 is Thursday in Bakersfield at 8 p.m.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16