BAKERSFIELD, Calif. — The Bakersfield Condors scored 8:38 into overtime to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 4-3 Tuesday night and take a 2-1 lead in the best-of-seven series.
After falling behind 1-0 8:38 into the game, Utah took a 2-1 lead to the first intermission. Martin Lee scored a power-play goal with 5:55 left in the period to tie the contest at one as he sent a puck in through traffic. Charles Sarault and Danick Paquette drew assists.
Utah made it 2-1 four minutes later and with 1:55 left in the frame after Derick Martin got a puck up ice and Sarault this time found Jamie MacQueen going hard to the net in his return to the Utah lineup. The goal came four seconds after Utah killed their first power-play of the night.
Bakersfield tied the game 90 seconds into the second period before Charlie Sarault gave Utah their 3-2 lead back. He went under the bar as he crossed the blue line on a pass from Brendan Jamison with 3:25 left in the second period to complete his three-point night on one goal and two assists.
The Condors tied the game with 4:30 left in regulation. In the extra session, Utah had recorded six straight shots before the game-winner off a face-off.
Game 4 is Thursday in Bakersfield at 8 p.m.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 56
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37