Warner Bros. Entertainment
Muggle-born fans of Harry Potter can now get educated from Potter’s alma mater from the comfort of their own home.
Hogwarts is Here ( www.hogwartsishere.com ), a website created by Potter superfans, is offering a full catalog of “Ministry-approved” online classes for aspiring wizards and witches.
The site’s banner displays “Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry” and the professional-looking layout could be mistaken for a small private school or community college.
The website, called HogwartsIsHere.com, offers classes in the same subjects studied by Harry, Ron, and Hermione. It’s free and offers one tough curriculum.
You can sign up now for free. You even receive your very own Hogwarts acceptance letter, which is really just a fancy email confirmation notifying you that you registered on the site.
The enroll page notes that even though “first years are typically 11 years of age, do keep in mind that our first year lesson material is written for an older audience.”
While any credits or accolades you may receive from completing coursework won’t transfer to other colleges or universities, Hogwarts is Here takes its courses seriously, including homework assignments, essays, quizzes and tests.
First years will take courses like “Charms and Potions” before progressing through all seven years of academics. We assume it won’t take seven years to complete.
There are no new Harry Potter movies in the works and only spin-offs of the original book series will be available in the future. So if you are having Potter withdrawals, enroll in Hogwarts and start earning points for your house.
Just don’t put any of that on your resume.
©2014 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved ones...
- 3 Utah mothers to compete in U.S. Olympic...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it can...
- The heart of the matter: What your pulse says...
- The Clean Cut: Kelly Clarkson announces...
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell...
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on Valentine's Day
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage...
- What 'shared parenting' is and how it... 3
- Valentine's Day is the day to see loved... 2
- Doris Kearns Goodwin: 'Tell and retell... 1
- Erin Stewart: To my husband on... 1
- The Clean Cut: Chicago Blackhawks... 0
- Creators of Love Taza blog encourage... 0
- Orchestra of Southern Utah Children's... 0
- The heart of the matter: What your... 0