TACOMA, Wash. — The Tacoma Rainiers rallied from four runs down to defeat the Bees 10-8 and hand Salt Lake its eighth consecutive defeat.
The Bees took a 6-2 lead with five runs in the fourth inning with the last four coming in on Grant Greens grand slam.
In the fifth, Tacoma closed to within one after an RBI single by Chris Taylor and a two-run homer by Cole Gillespie.
After the Rainiers tied the game at 6-6, they took the lead on a two run single by Gabriel Noriega, who was making his Triple-A debut.
Tacoma led 9-6 when the Bees closed to within one on a solo homer by Tommy Field in the sixth and a sacrifice fly by Efren Navarro in the eighth, but the Rainiers added an insurance run in the bottom of the eighth.
Michael Morin (0-1), who was just promoted from Double-A Arkansas and making his Triple-A debut, was charged with the loss, as he went just one-third of an inning and allowed five runs, four earned, on four hits.
Green extended his hitting streak to 12 games with two hits and four runs batted, while Efren Navarro stretched his streak to 12 with two singles and one RBI.
Field and Luis Martinez each added two hits and one RBI for Salt Lake in a game that was played in a steady light rain.
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Dick Harmon: Sitake is taking advantage of...
- Free agent roundup: Where local prospects are...
- For some Jazz players, their future is up in...
- Utah State football: Offensive lineman Tyshon...
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL draftee
- 41-year-old mom looking to join U.S. team,...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 116
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 75
- Big 12 would be better off expanding,... 61
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 40
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 32
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 30
- Report: Utah's Poeltl, Weber State's... 27
- Dick Harmon: SUU, Kaufusi big winners... 24