zimmytws, Getty Images/iStockphoto
Q: I applied for disability benefits, but was denied. I’d like to appeal. Can I do it online?
A: Yes — in fact, the best way to file a Social Security appeal is online. Our online appeal process is convenient and secure. Just go to www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/appeal to appeal the decision. For people who don’t have access to the Internet, you can call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) to schedule an appointment to visit your local Social Security office to file your appeal.
Q: It’s hard for me to get around because of my disability. Can I apply for disability benefits from home?
A: Yes — in fact, the best way to apply for disability benefits is online. Our online disability application is convenient and secure. You can apply for benefits over the Internet at www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability. If you do not have access to the Internet, you can call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) to schedule an appointment to visit your local Social Security office to apply. However you decide to apply, begin by looking at our Disability Starter Kit at www.socialsecurity.gov/applyfordisability. It will help you prepare for your application or interview.
(This column was prepared by the Social Security Administration. For fast answers to specific Social Security questions, contact Social Security toll-free at 800-772-1213. For more information, visit www.socialsecurity.gov. )
© 2014, McClatchy-Tribune News Service
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 15 jobs that are safe from the robot takeover
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Summit County sees credit card breach after...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- Cantwell targets small business loan gender gap
- 10 things to know about corporate... 27
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 12
- California push to avert higher gas... 10
- Mimicking the airlines, hotels get... 9
- Burger King in talks to buy Tim Hortons 8
- It's about time the government... 6
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 3
- Dave Ramsey says: Government unlikely... 3