NEW YORK — CEO Jeff Bezos' annual letter to shareholders offers a glimpse into Amazon's internal workings and what it is aiming for in the future, including expanded same-day grocery delivery and drone delivery.
In Bezos annual letter to shareholders, he outlined Amazon's offerings, including its fresh grocery business called Prime Fresh, which it has offered for five years in Seattle and expanded to Los Angeles and San Francisco. Bezos said the goal is to expand to more cities over time.
And the company says its Prime Air unmanned drone team is testing fifth- and sixth-generation aerial vehicles and in the design phase on generations seven and eight.
Shares of Amazon.com Inc. fell $14.79, or 4.5 percent, to close at $317.01 amid a broader market sell-off.
- Low gas prices are great, but could be...
- Wal-Mart tests gift card exchange
- New parking lot entrance opens at Salt Lake...
- Sony broadly releases 'The Interview' in...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make the most of a...
- Sony announces limited release for 'The...
- BBC exposes inhumane working conditions in...
- Freelancing: The new way to work
- BBC exposes inhumane working conditions... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Survey finds fewer women working now... 5
- What people never mention when they... 3
- About Utah: They're best in the world 3
- California puzzles over safety of... 1
- US home sales dropped sharply in November 1
- US consumer spending up solid 0.6 pct.... 1