Tom Smart, Deseret News
NORTHRIDGE 15, DAVIS 4: Northridge scored 12 runs in the final three innings to pick up the double-digit road win over Davis. Robbie Vernon homered and Josh Brown tripled to lead the Knights at the plate.
VIEWMONT 7, FREMONT 2:
BINGHAM 10, ALTA 3: Bingham took early control and never looked back as it cruised to knock off Alta on the road. Landon Walbeck doubled to lead the Miners in the win.
JORDAN 11, WEST JORDAN 2: The Beetdiggers cashed in on 14 hits to top the Jaguars.
BRIGHTON 6, COPPER HILLS 1: T.J. Orchard pitched a complete game as Brighton topped Copper Hills in Region 3 play.
AMERICAN FORK 3, LONE PEAK 2: Austin Pitcher lived up to his name with 120 pitches in the complete-game effort.
LEHI 7, WESTLAKE 4: Blake Smiths two-out, bases-clearing double with the bases loaded in the top of the fourth proved the be the difference maker in this one, as Lehi held on to claim the road win over Westlake. Grant Dixon pitched the win for the Pioneers, while Bronson Butcher homered in the loss.
PLEASANT GROVE 6, HERRIMAN 0: Pleasant Grove jumped out to an early four-run lead after the first inning and held on the rest of the way to pick up the win. Easton Walker pitched the shutout victory while fanning eight Herriman batters in the win for the Vikings.
BOX ELDER 9, SKY VIEW 8: Box Elder was able to get a run across the plate in the bottom of the seventh to escape with the narrow victory over Sky View. Kooper Christoffersen hit a home run while Connor Udy pitched the win for the Bees. Zachary Hansen also homered in the loss.
OREM 7, CORNER CANYON 3: Orem rallied for six runs in the fifth and sixth innings to come away with the victory over Corner Canyon. Paxton Schultz cleared the fences while Parker Overly pitched the win to power the Tigers at home.
SKYLINE 3, TIMPANOGOS 0: Bridger Nielson pitched a complete game with 11 strikeouts as Skyline bested Timpanogos in Region 7 play.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 9, OLYMPUS 3: Jordan Raab pitched a complete-game victory while five of Mountain Views 15 hits went for extra bases as the Bruins knocked off the Titans at home.
WASATCH 1, SPANISH FORK 0: The Wasps one-run first inning proved to be all it needed to edge out Spanish Fork at home. Chase Adams picked up the win from the mound for the home team.
MAPLE MOUNTAIN 7, PROVO 4: Jaren Hall hit a double for Maple Mountain in the win against Provo.
SALEM HILLS 15, TIMPVIEW 4: Cooper Smith had three hits, including a double and triple, and three RBIs as Salem Hills earned the road victory over Timpview. Gunnar Gustin homered for the Skyhawks while Hunter Vance pitched the win.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- Austin Collie signs with CFL's BC Lions,...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 60
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 58
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35