BYU tops Business Insider's list of colleges where students are both hot and smart
Jaren Wilkey, BYU
For the second year in a row, Brigham Young University in Provo ranked as the No. 1 school to find students who are both "hot" and "smart" according to a Business Insider breakdown of data collected by university review and data website Niche.
Business Insider's ranking of 25 colleges was compiled using four Niche university lists: Hottest Guys, Hottest Girls, Smartest Guys and Smartest Girls. BYU scores a 9.68 out of 10 or higher on each of these lists.
"Mormons are attractive. I don't know why but they are. And smart," one sophomore wrote on BYU's "Guys & Girls" Niche page in December 2013. "Everyone is hot and smart here and it's crazy! They can come off as a little judgmental, but most of them aren't, they just seem like it because they're stereotyped that way."
"I think it's similar to anywhere you go," a January 13, 2014 BYU review said. "Meaning there are some who are exceptionally good looking and some who are very homely. However, I do feel there are more attractive people at my school. I think it has more to do with the type of people they are. They are clean, well dressed and well mannered."
Niche's university rankings are complied using information from student reviews on a variety of topics including academics, athletics, campus strictness, diversity, girls and guys, health and safety, local atmosphere, parking and weather.
Rounding out the top five from Business Insider's "hot and smart" list are Pacific Union College (No. 2), University of Virginia (No. 3), Georgetown University (No. 4) and Stanford University (No. 5).
Brigham Young University-Idaho also makes the list, coming in at No. 15.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- 11 signs you're a Jeep driver
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 14
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 10