BYU tops Business Insider's list of colleges where students are both hot and smart
Jaren Wilkey, BYU
For the second year in a row, Brigham Young University in Provo ranked as the No. 1 school to find students who are both "hot" and "smart" according to a Business Insider breakdown of data collected by university review and data website Niche.
Business Insider's ranking of 25 colleges was compiled using four Niche university lists: Hottest Guys, Hottest Girls, Smartest Guys and Smartest Girls. BYU scores a 9.68 out of 10 or higher on each of these lists.
"Mormons are attractive. I don't know why but they are. And smart," one sophomore wrote on BYU's "Guys & Girls" Niche page in December 2013. "Everyone is hot and smart here and it's crazy! They can come off as a little judgmental, but most of them aren't, they just seem like it because they're stereotyped that way."
"I think it's similar to anywhere you go," a January 13, 2014 BYU review said. "Meaning there are some who are exceptionally good looking and some who are very homely. However, I do feel there are more attractive people at my school. I think it has more to do with the type of people they are. They are clean, well dressed and well mannered."
Niche's university rankings are complied using information from student reviews on a variety of topics including academics, athletics, campus strictness, diversity, girls and guys, health and safety, local atmosphere, parking and weather.
Rounding out the top five from Business Insider's "hot and smart" list are Pacific Union College (No. 2), University of Virginia (No. 3), Georgetown University (No. 4) and Stanford University (No. 5).
Brigham Young University-Idaho also makes the list, coming in at No. 15.
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah cancer survivor summits Kilimanjaro,...
- Photos: Easement to protect Grateful Tomato...
- Two women critically injured in six-vehicle...
- UTA approves budget and more service in...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 51
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 28
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 22