BYU tops Business Insider's list of colleges where students are both hot and smart
Jaren Wilkey, BYU
For the second year in a row, Brigham Young University in Provo ranked as the No. 1 school to find students who are both "hot" and "smart" according to a Business Insider breakdown of data collected by university review and data website Niche.
Business Insider's ranking of 25 colleges was compiled using four Niche university lists: Hottest Guys, Hottest Girls, Smartest Guys and Smartest Girls. BYU scores a 9.68 out of 10 or higher on each of these lists.
"Mormons are attractive. I don't know why but they are. And smart," one sophomore wrote on BYU's "Guys & Girls" Niche page in December 2013. "Everyone is hot and smart here and it's crazy! They can come off as a little judgmental, but most of them aren't, they just seem like it because they're stereotyped that way."
"I think it's similar to anywhere you go," a January 13, 2014 BYU review said. "Meaning there are some who are exceptionally good looking and some who are very homely. However, I do feel there are more attractive people at my school. I think it has more to do with the type of people they are. They are clean, well dressed and well mannered."
Niche's university rankings are complied using information from student reviews on a variety of topics including academics, athletics, campus strictness, diversity, girls and guys, health and safety, local atmosphere, parking and weather.
Rounding out the top five from Business Insider's "hot and smart" list are Pacific Union College (No. 2), University of Virginia (No. 3), Georgetown University (No. 4) and Stanford University (No. 5).
Brigham Young University-Idaho also makes the list, coming in at No. 15.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8