BYU tops Business Insider's list of colleges where students are both hot and smart
Jaren Wilkey, BYU
For the second year in a row, Brigham Young University in Provo ranked as the No. 1 school to find students who are both "hot" and "smart" according to a Business Insider breakdown of data collected by university review and data website Niche.
Business Insider's ranking of 25 colleges was compiled using four Niche university lists: Hottest Guys, Hottest Girls, Smartest Guys and Smartest Girls. BYU scores a 9.68 out of 10 or higher on each of these lists.
"Mormons are attractive. I don't know why but they are. And smart," one sophomore wrote on BYU's "Guys & Girls" Niche page in December 2013. "Everyone is hot and smart here and it's crazy! They can come off as a little judgmental, but most of them aren't, they just seem like it because they're stereotyped that way."
"I think it's similar to anywhere you go," a January 13, 2014 BYU review said. "Meaning there are some who are exceptionally good looking and some who are very homely. However, I do feel there are more attractive people at my school. I think it has more to do with the type of people they are. They are clean, well dressed and well mannered."
Niche's university rankings are complied using information from student reviews on a variety of topics including academics, athletics, campus strictness, diversity, girls and guys, health and safety, local atmosphere, parking and weather.
Rounding out the top five from Business Insider's "hot and smart" list are Pacific Union College (No. 2), University of Virginia (No. 3), Georgetown University (No. 4) and Stanford University (No. 5).
Brigham Young University-Idaho also makes the list, coming in at No. 15.
- Victim of Washington Terrace homicide...
- Deedee Corradini, Salt Lake's first and only...
- Tom Welch: Replace the prison with the NFL
- K2 The Church's grand opening a neighborhood...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to dial...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years ......
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- Prison Relocation Commission ready to... 24
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17
- Some GOP House members disagree with... 17
- With Healthy Utah stalled, lives still... 16
- Hope in a crisis: School, community... 16