Matt Gade, Deseret News
LONE PEAK 8, WESTLAKE 6: After giving up six runs in the first two innings, Lone Peak's Tyler Thompson pitched five shutout innings, and the Knights racked up 12 hits to slip past the Thunder. Tate Hansen came up big with a base-clearing triple, and finished with three RBIs in the victory.
RIVERTON 6, LEHI 4: Riverton scored four runs in the first two innings to pick up the home win against Lehi. Joe Barlow and Trevor Peterson each tripled, while Mason Cook picked up the win on the mound.
AMERICAN FORK 11, HERRIMAN 3:
BOX ELDER 8, LOGAN 3: Box Elder scored four runs in the first two innings and cruised the rest of the way to knock off Logan. Jayk Brooks ripped two doubles while DJ Larsen struck out six batters and picked up the win on the mound.
BONNEVILLE 2, SKY VIEW 1: Mitch Westmoreland pitched a complete game, as the Lakers edged the Bobcats. Kacey Gundick hit the walk-off single in the final inning.
KEARNS 11, EAST 1: Aaron Bass smacked two doubles, and Kearns racked up 19 hits as a team in its double-digit victory over East. Bailey Floyd earned the win on the mound for the Cougars.
WASATCH 10, TIMPVIEW 0: Tag Baxter only allowed two hits off of the mound and also contributed a triple in the shutout win over Timpview.
CEDAR 8, CANYON VIEW 0: Ryker Tom hit a two-run homer in the first inning to give Cedar the lead in the Region 9 match-up. Brecken Lewis pitched the win in the shutout, and Dallas Jolley finished 3-for-4 from the plate.
GRANTSVILLE 9, TOOELE 0: Grantsville scored seven runs in the fifth and sixth innings, while Dillon Hutchins pitched his second complete-game shutout of the week to help the Cowboys get the win over Tooele. Wyatt Barrus and Matthew Garrard each hit two doubles in the win.
BEAR RIVER 8, STANSBURY 7: Bear River scored two runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to knock off Stansbury. Hayden Woodward knocked one out of the park, while Hunter Porritt picked up the win on the mound to power the Bears.
ENTERPRISE 16, MILFORD 5: Enterprise scored 16 runs on 16 hits in its dismantling victory over Milford. Chandler Bowler earned the win on the mound.
KANAB 6, DIAMOND RANCH 1: Taylor Glover hit a triple in the lopsided win over Diamond Ranch.
NORTH SEVIER 7, GRAND 5: North Sevier scored six runs in the fifth inning to slip past Grand in the first game of a double-header. Trevor Okerlund tripled and Tyrel Williams pitched the win for the Wolves.
GRAND 6, NORTH SEVIER 3: Grand rallied for four runs in the bottom of the third to split the double-header with North Sevier. Kyler Nelson pitched the win for the Red Devils.
SOUTH SEVIER 7, NORTH SANPETE 5: The Rams defeated North Sanpete on the road.
BINGHAM 10, JUAN DIEGO 1: Austin Florez smacked a home run and pitched the win from the mound, as the Miners routed Juan Diego on the road.
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart from...
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- BYU football: 5 questions with a Virginia...
- High school football: Felt's Facts for Week...
- BYU defense, offense being noticed for...
- Friday night lights central, week 5: Scores,...
- Parry's Power Guide for week 5
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 105
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 78
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 67
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 61
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom... 54
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 50
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 49
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 44