Gerry Broome, AP
RALEIGH, N.C. — Daniel Coursey scored 17 points and Mercer pulled off the biggest upset in the NCAA tournament so far by knocking off Duke 78-71.
Jakob Gollon added 20 points for the 14th-seeded Bears (27-8).
The Atlantic Sun champions — the same league that produced 2013 tournament darling Florida Gulf Coast — shot 56 percent.
The Bears were simply too much for a Duke team with stars Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood.
Mercer scored 11 straight points during the late 20-5 run that clinched the biggest victory in school history. It's the second one-and-done in three years for the third-seeded Blue Devils.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 35
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 23
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7