David Becker, Associated Press
LAS VEGAS — Daniel Mullings scored 18 points, Sim Bhullar added 14 and New Mexico State won its third straight Western Athletic Conference tournament title by routing Idaho 77-55 Saturday night.
New Mexico State (26-9) often worked its offense through Bhullar, and the Vandals were unable to stop the Aggies' 7-foot-5, 355-pound center around the rim or rotate fast enough when he kicked it out.
The second-seeded Aggies jumped to a big early lead and never gave Idaho a chance, shooting 56 percent while outscoring the Vandals 46-16 inside.
Tshilidzi Nephawe added 12 points for New Mexico State, which had a 38-21 advantage in rebounds.
Idaho (16-18) beat New Mexico State in the teams' last meeting this season, but was no match for the Aggies in its first conference title game since 1993.
Stephen Madison scored 17 points and Mike Scott 14 for the Vandals, who haven't made the NCAA tournament since 1990.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 114
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 36
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 32
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21