On The Money: Preparation can ensure job-fair success
Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
Career fairs offer a good opportunity for job hunters to meet with company recruiters and explore potential employment. Simply attending a career fair, however, does not guarantee landing a job.
The Web offers a wide range of information and useful tips about attending a career fair. Here are a few Web locales:
—The Career Place: Spotlights how to make the most of a job fair experience, with tips on preparation and following up. http:// www.careerplace.org/tips/jobfair.htm
—College Grad: Provides insights for college graduates on how to navigate a job fair. http:// www.collegegrad.com
—EmploymentGuide.com: Covers making the most of a career fair — before, during and after. http://www.employmentguide.com/careeradvice/Job(UNDERSCORE)Fair(UNDERSCORE)Advice.html
—National Career Fairs: Features insights on making a good impression at a job fair, and following up with a potential employer. http:// www.nationalcareerfairs.com/advice/
©2014 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 50 highest paying jobs in Utah
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to phony...
- Why we don't need to worry that Utah cities...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- How to be a billionaire
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 12
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 10
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Overdraft and ATM fees higher than ever 3
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3