On The Money: Preparation can ensure job-fair success
Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
Career fairs offer a good opportunity for job hunters to meet with company recruiters and explore potential employment. Simply attending a career fair, however, does not guarantee landing a job.
The Web offers a wide range of information and useful tips about attending a career fair. Here are a few Web locales:
—The Career Place: Spotlights how to make the most of a job fair experience, with tips on preparation and following up. http:// www.careerplace.org/tips/jobfair.htm
—College Grad: Provides insights for college graduates on how to navigate a job fair. http:// www.collegegrad.com
—EmploymentGuide.com: Covers making the most of a career fair — before, during and after. http://www.employmentguide.com/careeradvice/Job(UNDERSCORE)Fair(UNDERSCORE)Advice.html
—National Career Fairs: Features insights on making a good impression at a job fair, and following up with a potential employer. http:// www.nationalcareerfairs.com/advice/
©2014 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- Top 50 companies to work for in Utah
- The best (and worst) states when it comes to...
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Retail sales are up since last month
- Roll Call’s 50 richest members of...
- Save money by replacing appliances that work
- The economy has begun to recover, but mostly...
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 23
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- 4 financial follies of the millennial... 12
- Older Americans struggle with student debt 4
- APPLE LIVE: Larger iPhones and... 3
- Some cities like Ferguson get 40... 3
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2
- Why separate bank accounts might help... 2