On The Money: Preparation can ensure job-fair success
Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
Career fairs offer a good opportunity for job hunters to meet with company recruiters and explore potential employment. Simply attending a career fair, however, does not guarantee landing a job.
The Web offers a wide range of information and useful tips about attending a career fair. Here are a few Web locales:
—The Career Place: Spotlights how to make the most of a job fair experience, with tips on preparation and following up. http:// www.careerplace.org/tips/jobfair.htm
—College Grad: Provides insights for college graduates on how to navigate a job fair. http:// www.collegegrad.com
—EmploymentGuide.com: Covers making the most of a career fair — before, during and after. http://www.employmentguide.com/careeradvice/Job(UNDERSCORE)Fair(UNDERSCORE)Advice.html
—National Career Fairs: Features insights on making a good impression at a job fair, and following up with a potential employer. http:// www.nationalcareerfairs.com/advice/
©2014 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as rest of...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- Germany to Greece: Don't mess with us over...
- Balancing act: Organizations slowly move...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Consumers fuel steady US economy as... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re... 1