On The Money: Preparation can ensure job-fair success
Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
Career fairs offer a good opportunity for job hunters to meet with company recruiters and explore potential employment. Simply attending a career fair, however, does not guarantee landing a job.
The Web offers a wide range of information and useful tips about attending a career fair. Here are a few Web locales:
—The Career Place: Spotlights how to make the most of a job fair experience, with tips on preparation and following up. http:// www.careerplace.org/tips/jobfair.htm
—College Grad: Provides insights for college graduates on how to navigate a job fair. http:// www.collegegrad.com
—EmploymentGuide.com: Covers making the most of a career fair — before, during and after. http://www.employmentguide.com/careeradvice/Job(UNDERSCORE)Fair(UNDERSCORE)Advice.html
—National Career Fairs: Features insights on making a good impression at a job fair, and following up with a potential employer. http:// www.nationalcareerfairs.com/advice/
©2014 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Win or lose, discrimination suit is having an...
- Does it really matter if you grew up rich and...
- Obama calls for payday loan regulations in...
- Looking for a job near home? Good luck, it's...
- Balancing act: 'Soft skills' are important at...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for handling a child's...
- Embracing change: Utah County leaders examine...
- Why you should begin planning for... 9
- Economy is recovering despite wage... 6
- In rare deal, Boehner, Pelosi tout wins... 5
- Does it really matter if you grew up... 4
- Win or lose, discrimination suit is... 2
- The middle class has had a rough couple... 2
- For business, more women in charge... 1
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job... 1