On The Money: Preparation can ensure job-fair success
Charlie Riedel, Associated Press
Career fairs offer a good opportunity for job hunters to meet with company recruiters and explore potential employment. Simply attending a career fair, however, does not guarantee landing a job.
The Web offers a wide range of information and useful tips about attending a career fair. Here are a few Web locales:
—The Career Place: Spotlights how to make the most of a job fair experience, with tips on preparation and following up. http:// www.careerplace.org/tips/jobfair.htm
—College Grad: Provides insights for college graduates on how to navigate a job fair. http:// www.collegegrad.com
—EmploymentGuide.com: Covers making the most of a career fair — before, during and after. http://www.employmentguide.com/careeradvice/Job(UNDERSCORE)Fair(UNDERSCORE)Advice.html
—National Career Fairs: Features insights on making a good impression at a job fair, and following up with a potential employer. http:// www.nationalcareerfairs.com/advice/
©2014 McClatchy-Tribune Information Services
Distributed by MCT Information Services
- The new face of extreme poverty in America
- Renovation Solutions: What to consider when...
- How innovators think, and what they do about it
- Should grads be allowed to declare bankruptcy...
- Are you as connected as Kevin Bacon and does...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- My view: Utah should not raise minimum wage
- In our opinion: Family dynamics and the...