CEDAR CITY (AP) — Tate Unruh scored 22 points, including six 3-pointers, as Northern Colorado had no trouble with Southern Utah, winning 77-52 on Saturday.
Derrick Barden had 17 points and Tevin Svihovec added 12 as Northern Colorado (17-12, 11-9 Big Sky) shot 56 percent and broke a four-game losing streak.
Southern Utah (2-27, 1-19) won its first conference — and Division I — game of the season earlier in the week against North Dakota, but was unable to duplicate the effort. The Thunderbirds were led by Jaren Jeffery with 11 points.
The game was tied at 5 after 4:08 was off the clock, then Northern Colorado made a 13-0 run — including three of Unruh's 3-pointers — en route to a 40-20 advantage at the break.
Southern Utah was never able to muster a counter-attack in the second half.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28