CEDAR CITY (AP) — Tate Unruh scored 22 points, including six 3-pointers, as Northern Colorado had no trouble with Southern Utah, winning 77-52 on Saturday.
Derrick Barden had 17 points and Tevin Svihovec added 12 as Northern Colorado (17-12, 11-9 Big Sky) shot 56 percent and broke a four-game losing streak.
Southern Utah (2-27, 1-19) won its first conference — and Division I — game of the season earlier in the week against North Dakota, but was unable to duplicate the effort. The Thunderbirds were led by Jaren Jeffery with 11 points.
The game was tied at 5 after 4:08 was off the clock, then Northern Colorado made a 13-0 run — including three of Unruh's 3-pointers — en route to a 40-20 advantage at the break.
Southern Utah was never able to muster a counter-attack in the second half.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24