CEDAR CITY (AP) — Tate Unruh scored 22 points, including six 3-pointers, as Northern Colorado had no trouble with Southern Utah, winning 77-52 on Saturday.
Derrick Barden had 17 points and Tevin Svihovec added 12 as Northern Colorado (17-12, 11-9 Big Sky) shot 56 percent and broke a four-game losing streak.
Southern Utah (2-27, 1-19) won its first conference — and Division I — game of the season earlier in the week against North Dakota, but was unable to duplicate the effort. The Thunderbirds were led by Jaren Jeffery with 11 points.
The game was tied at 5 after 4:08 was off the clock, then Northern Colorado made a 13-0 run — including three of Unruh's 3-pointers — en route to a 40-20 advantage at the break.
Southern Utah was never able to muster a counter-attack in the second half.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 109
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21