CHENEY, Wash. — Davion Berry scored 24 points and Joel Bolomboy added 14 points and 11 rebounds as Weber State survived an Eastern Washington rally for an 82-78 victory on Saturday.
Weber State (17-11, 14-6), as the Big Sky regular-season champion, receives a bye into the conference tournament. The Eagles (15-16, 10-10) could have clinched a berth with a win but was left to wait for the outcomes of games late Saturday night.
Tyler Harvey led EWU with 24 points. Parker Kelly added 20.
Weber State led by 18 with 8 minutes left when EWU began to chip away, getting within 80-78 with 48 seconds left on a basket by Kelly. EWU got the ball back with 15 seconds left but Kelly missed a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left. A pair of WSU free throws ended the game.
The Wildcats finished the first half on a 14-2 run for a 43-32 lead.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 46
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 36
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8