CHENEY, Wash. — Davion Berry scored 24 points and Joel Bolomboy added 14 points and 11 rebounds as Weber State survived an Eastern Washington rally for an 82-78 victory on Saturday.
Weber State (17-11, 14-6), as the Big Sky regular-season champion, receives a bye into the conference tournament. The Eagles (15-16, 10-10) could have clinched a berth with a win but was left to wait for the outcomes of games late Saturday night.
Tyler Harvey led EWU with 24 points. Parker Kelly added 20.
Weber State led by 18 with 8 minutes left when EWU began to chip away, getting within 80-78 with 48 seconds left on a basket by Kelly. EWU got the ball back with 15 seconds left but Kelly missed a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left. A pair of WSU free throws ended the game.
The Wildcats finished the first half on a 14-2 run for a 43-32 lead.
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26