CHENEY, Wash. — Davion Berry scored 24 points and Joel Bolomboy added 14 points and 11 rebounds as Weber State survived an Eastern Washington rally for an 82-78 victory on Saturday.
Weber State (17-11, 14-6), as the Big Sky regular-season champion, receives a bye into the conference tournament. The Eagles (15-16, 10-10) could have clinched a berth with a win but was left to wait for the outcomes of games late Saturday night.
Tyler Harvey led EWU with 24 points. Parker Kelly added 20.
Weber State led by 18 with 8 minutes left when EWU began to chip away, getting within 80-78 with 48 seconds left on a basket by Kelly. EWU got the ball back with 15 seconds left but Kelly missed a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left. A pair of WSU free throws ended the game.
The Wildcats finished the first half on a 14-2 run for a 43-32 lead.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25