CHENEY, Wash. — Davion Berry scored 24 points and Joel Bolomboy added 14 points and 11 rebounds as Weber State survived an Eastern Washington rally for an 82-78 victory on Saturday.
Weber State (17-11, 14-6), as the Big Sky regular-season champion, receives a bye into the conference tournament. The Eagles (15-16, 10-10) could have clinched a berth with a win but was left to wait for the outcomes of games late Saturday night.
Tyler Harvey led EWU with 24 points. Parker Kelly added 20.
Weber State led by 18 with 8 minutes left when EWU began to chip away, getting within 80-78 with 48 seconds left on a basket by Kelly. EWU got the ball back with 15 seconds left but Kelly missed a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left. A pair of WSU free throws ended the game.
The Wildcats finished the first half on a 14-2 run for a 43-32 lead.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20