Utah women: Plouffe's 30 lead Utes to an upset over Washington in Pac-12 tournament
SEATTLE (AP) — Michelle Plouffe scored 30 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead No. 11 seed Utah to a 65-53 upset over sixth-seeded Washington on Thursday night in a first-round Pac-12 tournament game.
The Utes (12-18) will play third-seeded Oregon State in a quarterfinal on Friday.
Plouffe jumped two spots into second place on Utah's all-time scoring list with 2,089 points. Emily Potter added 12 points and 15 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season while Danielle Rodriguez contributed 10 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
The victory avenged a pair of one-point defeats to the Huskies (17-13) during the regular season.
Kelsey Plum led the Huskies with 20 points with Jazmine Davis adding 18 points and Aminah Williams 15 rebounds. Washington shot just 25.5 percent.
Utah led by three at halftime and the game stayed tight until a 9-0 run gave the Utes a 60-49 lead with 4:18 left.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34