Utah women: Plouffe's 30 lead Utes to an upset over Washington in Pac-12 tournament
SEATTLE (AP) — Michelle Plouffe scored 30 points and grabbed nine rebounds to lead No. 11 seed Utah to a 65-53 upset over sixth-seeded Washington on Thursday night in a first-round Pac-12 tournament game.
The Utes (12-18) will play third-seeded Oregon State in a quarterfinal on Friday.
Plouffe jumped two spots into second place on Utah's all-time scoring list with 2,089 points. Emily Potter added 12 points and 15 rebounds for her fourth double-double of the season while Danielle Rodriguez contributed 10 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
The victory avenged a pair of one-point defeats to the Huskies (17-13) during the regular season.
Kelsey Plum led the Huskies with 20 points with Jazmine Davis adding 18 points and Aminah Williams 15 rebounds. Washington shot just 25.5 percent.
Utah led by three at halftime and the game stayed tight until a 9-0 run gave the Utes a 60-49 lead with 4:18 left.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19