Southern Utah Athletics Department
CEDAR CITY — Trey Kennedy scored 16 points to lead a balanced offense as Southern Utah snapped a 26-game losing streak and earned its first conference win, 77-71 over North Dakota Thursday.
Cal Hanks and Juwan Major both scored 13, and Casey Oliverson added 11 for Southern Utah (2-26, 1-18 Big Sky). It was the first Division I win of the season for the Thunderbirds, and first victory since topping Arizona Christian on Nov 8.
Southern Utah led 32-28 at half and stretched the advantage to 61-45 with 6:17 left before a North Dakota rally.
North Dakota used a 26-12 run to cut the lead to 73-71 after Jamal Webb's basket with less than 30 seconds to go. But Race Parsons responded with a layup and added two late free throws as the Thunderbirds prevailed.
Webb led North Dakota (15-15, 12-8) with 18 points while Aaron Anderson had 14 and Jaron Nash 12.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 71
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21