PORTLAND, Ore. — DaShaun Wiggins scored 20 points and Gary Winston added 18 points as Portland State defeated Big Sky Conference-leading Weber State 66-59 Thursday night.
Portland State (15-13, 10-9) is in a three-way tie with Northern Colorado and Eastern Washington for fifth place in the conference, and is in the hunt for one of the seven spots in the conference tournament. The Vikings conclude their regular season hosting Idaho State (11-17, 8-11) on Saturday.
Richaud Gittens made a pair of free throws for Weber State, tying the game at 43 with 5:34 remaining. Portland State answered with a 12-1 run, including two 3-pointers by Wiggins, to take a 55-44 lead with 2:09 remaining. Gittens scored to pull the Wildcats within 61-55 with 55 seconds left before the Vikings hit 5 of 6 from the line to cap their scoring.
Davion Berry scored 17 points to lead Weber State (16-11, 13-6).
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 60
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 33
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31