PORTLAND, Ore. — DaShaun Wiggins scored 20 points and Gary Winston added 18 points as Portland State defeated Big Sky Conference-leading Weber State 66-59 Thursday night.
Portland State (15-13, 10-9) is in a three-way tie with Northern Colorado and Eastern Washington for fifth place in the conference, and is in the hunt for one of the seven spots in the conference tournament. The Vikings conclude their regular season hosting Idaho State (11-17, 8-11) on Saturday.
Richaud Gittens made a pair of free throws for Weber State, tying the game at 43 with 5:34 remaining. Portland State answered with a 12-1 run, including two 3-pointers by Wiggins, to take a 55-44 lead with 2:09 remaining. Gittens scored to pull the Wildcats within 61-55 with 55 seconds left before the Vikings hit 5 of 6 from the line to cap their scoring.
Davion Berry scored 17 points to lead Weber State (16-11, 13-6).
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26