KEARNS 56, SPANISH FORK 47: Trailing by seven at the half, Kearns outscored Spanish Fork 38-21 in the second half to pull away for the 4A first round victory. Sunday Owda led Kearns with 21 points, with Bushmen Ebet chipping in with 16. In the loss, Hayes Hall led the Dons with 16 points.
OREM 75, BOX ELDER 56: Dalton Nixon scored 26 points on 8 of 13 shooting including three 3-pointers while Quin Peters added 17 points, six assists, five rebounds and three steals to propel Orem past Box Elder in the first round of the 4A state tournament. The Tigers will face Kearns in the quarterfinals.
ROY 62, SKYLINE 60: Trailing 51-43 with 4:32 remaining in the game, Roy ended the game on a 19-9 run to rally and avoid the first-round upset. Cody Hobbs and Chase DeBoer scored 17 points each to lead Roy, which played without leading scorer Brekkott Chapman who was suspended for violating team rules. Alex Meldrum led Skyline with 21 points in the loss.
SPRINGVILLE 61, JUDGE MEMORIAL 59: After leading by as many as 11, Springville withstood a late Judge rally and a missed game-tying shot at the buzzer as the Red Devils advanced to the 4A quarterfinals. Max Terry led Springville with 17 points, with Max Schreiner adding 16. In the loss, Ryan Pauley led Judge with 25 points.
OLYMPUS 71, SKY VIEW 50: Playing without second-leading scorer Jake Lindsey, who broke his hand in practice last week, Olympus used a strong fourth quarter to pull away from Sky View for the 4A first round win. Alec Monson led the Titans with 29 points and 11 rebounds. Connor Haller and Spencer Williams helped pick up the scoring slack without Lindsey by scoring 12 points each.
HIGHLAND 74, TIMPVIEW 64: Highland, which needed a play-in game victory to qualify for the postseason, shocked No. 1-seed Timpview behind Henry Morris, who tallied a game-high 24 points with three treys. Brandon Warr scored 18 points and Jake Connor added 16 more for the Rams.
BOUNTIFUL 76, PROVO 44: Sam Merrill scored 20 points, while Jeff Pollard added a double-double with 14 points and 14 rebounds as Bountiful rolled into the 4A quarterfinals with an easy victory over Provo. The Bulldogs kept it close for a quarter, but Bountiful outscored them 45-16 in the middle two quarters. Zac Seljaas and Jordan Bleak scored 10 each for Bountiful, while Hunter Bailey led Provo with 14 points.
MOUNTAIN VIEW 56, LOGAN 53: Ryan Warner led four Mountain View players in double figures with 12 points, and the Bruins survived an overtime thriller against Logan to advance in the 4A Playoffs. Tyler Brimhall led all scorers with 15 points for Logan, but the late rally turned unfortunate for the Grizzlies.
PARK CITY 12, GRANTSVILLE 2: The Miners posted five runs in the fifth inning and took advantage of four errors by the Cowboys.
CANYON VIEW 6, BEAVER 0: The Falcons blanked the Beavers.
- Brad Rock: Whittingham looks the part as a...
- Morning links: Whittingham's stock is up,...
- With Mangum 'probable,' Cougars getting Hoge...
- BYU football notebook: Return of Travis...
- Dick Harmon: Too soon for BYU's Taysom Hill...
- What you may have missed: Put him in, coach,...
- Runnin' Utes get commitment from top prospect...
- USC fires Steve Sarkisian 1 day after putting...
- Brad Rock: Whittingham looks the part... 96
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 45
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 41
- No. 5 Utes outlast No. 23 Cal in... 40
- Morning links: Whittingham's stock is... 37
- USC fires Steve Sarkisian 1 day after... 36
- Utah football: Utes moves up No. 4 in... 34
- Due to injuries, both BYU and... 33