Weber State downs Sacramento State, clinches share of Big Sky regular season title
Dennis Montgomery, AP
OGDEN, Utah (AP) — Davion Berry scored 20 points and dished out 11 assists while grabbing 6 rebounds and Weber State clinched a top spot in the Big Sky Conference by downing Sacramento State 79-67 on Thursday night.
Kyle Tresnak added 18 points while Jeremy Senglin and Joel Bolomboy scored 13 each with Bolomboy also grabbing 14 rebounds for the Wildcats, who shot 55 percent from the field and out-rebounded the Hornets 36-25.
Weber State was up 41-34 at halftime and pushed that lead to 14 in the second period, 69-55, with 5 minutes to play. Weber State never trailed in the game.
Mikh McKinney led Sacramento State (13-13, 9-8) with 21 points and nine assists.
Weber State (16-9, 13-4) has now won two-in-a-row after dropping two games before that and have clinched at least a tie for the conference title.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30