New Marvel live-action series to film in New York, air on Netflix
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
NEW YORK — New York will become home to the "flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen."
Four of Marvel's characters will come to life in a live-action series that will be filmed principally in the state and aired on Netflix.
The announcement was made Wednesday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, The Walt Disney Co., Marvel and Netflix Inc.
The project is scheduled to start filming in the summer. It will feature the characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
It's the largest film or television production project commitment in New York's history.
Marvel and Netflix had announced a deal in November for the programming, which is slated to take the form of four series. Each series will have 13 one-hour programs. There also will be a miniseries.
The programs are slated to start streaming next year.
- The Associated Press' top 10 movies of the year
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Christmas 1914: The day even WWI showed humanity
- Police boss: NYC cops 'quite simply,...
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Hackers warn not to release 'The Interview'...
- Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin has aneurysm
- Think your marital status is important? The...
- Obama: US re-establishing diplomatic... 49
- Vermont governor abandons single-payer... 32
- A post-election flurry: Obama tests his... 16
- Sony cancels 'The Interview' Dec. 25... 15
- Forget Santa Claus, Virginia. Was there... 14
- Taliban assault on Pakistan school... 13
- Utah football's Hackett, Orchard named... 11
- NYC premiere of Rogen film 'The... 8