New Marvel live-action series to film in New York, air on Netflix
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
NEW YORK — New York will become home to the "flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen."
Four of Marvel's characters will come to life in a live-action series that will be filmed principally in the state and aired on Netflix.
The announcement was made Wednesday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, The Walt Disney Co., Marvel and Netflix Inc.
The project is scheduled to start filming in the summer. It will feature the characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
It's the largest film or television production project commitment in New York's history.
Marvel and Netflix had announced a deal in November for the programming, which is slated to take the form of four series. Each series will have 13 one-hour programs. There also will be a miniseries.
The programs are slated to start streaming next year.
- Rupert Murdoch vows Fox News without Ailes is...
- Trump's closer is over, Clinton set to snag...
- Ex-KKK leader David Duke says he plans to run...
- Police give all-clear in Munich shooting; say...
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in crisis
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Ex-KKK leader David Duke runs for Senate: 'My...
- AP source: Clinton's choice for VP to be...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 41
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 32
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 30
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25
- In wake of email hack, Democratic chair... 23
- Hillary Clinton selects running mate... 19