New Marvel live-action series to film in New York, air on Netflix
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
NEW YORK — New York will become home to the "flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen."
Four of Marvel's characters will come to life in a live-action series that will be filmed principally in the state and aired on Netflix.
The announcement was made Wednesday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, The Walt Disney Co., Marvel and Netflix Inc.
The project is scheduled to start filming in the summer. It will feature the characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
It's the largest film or television production project commitment in New York's history.
Marvel and Netflix had announced a deal in November for the programming, which is slated to take the form of four series. Each series will have 13 one-hour programs. There also will be a miniseries.
The programs are slated to start streaming next year.
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes to...
- President Uchtdorf dedicates addition to...
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as their...
- Republican Huckabee to visit jailed Kentucky...
- Trump vows no third-party bid, will back GOP...
- Disney unveils Star Wars toys amid marketing...
- Drowned Syrian boys buried in hometown they fled
- Gold fever hits Poland with possible...
- Kentucky clerk still won't issue... 129
- The Latest: Defiant Kentucky clerk goes... 115
- Kentucky clerks to license marriages as... 81
- Compromise could fix Kentucky's wedding... 62
- Latest Clinton emails show frustrations... 26
- In Alaska, Obama depicts stark future... 21
- Obama gets Iran deal win as Senate Dems... 21
- AP sources: GOP seeks pledge to avert... 20