New Marvel live-action series to film in New York, air on Netflix
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
NEW YORK — New York will become home to the "flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen."
Four of Marvel's characters will come to life in a live-action series that will be filmed principally in the state and aired on Netflix.
The announcement was made Wednesday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, The Walt Disney Co., Marvel and Netflix Inc.
The project is scheduled to start filming in the summer. It will feature the characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
It's the largest film or television production project commitment in New York's history.
Marvel and Netflix had announced a deal in November for the programming, which is slated to take the form of four series. Each series will have 13 one-hour programs. There also will be a miniseries.
The programs are slated to start streaming next year.
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Want to help a sex trafficking victim get on...
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- Japan's prime minister 'speechless' after...
- Deseret News National Edition explores...
- Possible 2016 GOP candidates pitch ideas at...
- Vaccinate the economy against disease
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt Lake speech
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 77
- Romney says climate change presents a... 35
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 27
- House Republicans run into divisions... 21
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Iowa Sen. Ernst promises GOP focus on... 13