New Marvel live-action series to film in New York, air on Netflix
Seth Wenig, Associated Press
NEW YORK — New York will become home to the "flawed heroes of Hell's Kitchen."
Four of Marvel's characters will come to life in a live-action series that will be filmed principally in the state and aired on Netflix.
The announcement was made Wednesday by Gov. Andrew Cuomo, The Walt Disney Co., Marvel and Netflix Inc.
The project is scheduled to start filming in the summer. It will feature the characters Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist.
It's the largest film or television production project commitment in New York's history.
Marvel and Netflix had announced a deal in November for the programming, which is slated to take the form of four series. Each series will have 13 one-hour programs. There also will be a miniseries.
The programs are slated to start streaming next year.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 senior Hamas leaders
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 107
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14