POCATELLO, Idaho — Police in eastern Idaho are investigating after four family members were found dead in a Pocatello home.
Bannock County Coroner Kim Quick told Pocatello television station KPVI that he believes the family died of carbon monoxide poisoning sometime late Saturday night. The bodies were discovered Sunday night after the family didn't show up for church or a planned gathering, prompting a relative to check on them.
Craig Parrish said the deceased included his cousin, Bill Parrish, Bill's wife Ross Parrish and their two sons, aged 14 and 12. Two older children are serving missions for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and weren't home. They have both been notified of the deaths.
Police are examining the natural gas appliances in the home to see if any malfunctioned.
Quick said some of the victims were sleeping when they died. He said he's waiting on test results to confirm the carbon monoxide poisoning, but foul play is not suspected.
The coroner said he's responded to several gas poisoning cases over his 25 years on the job, but never one with this many fatalities. There was no carbon monoxide detector in the home, Quick said.
Bill Parrish was a dentist on the Fort Hall Indian Reservation.
- Rupert Murdoch vows Fox News without Ailes is...
- Ex-KKK leader David Duke says he plans to run...
- Police give all-clear in Munich shooting; say...
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in crisis
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Ex-KKK leader David Duke runs for Senate: 'My...
- AP source: Clinton's choice for VP to be...
- Hillary Clinton selects running mate for...
- Sarah Silverman: Bernie-or-bust Dems... 49
- Obama rejects Trump depiction of US in... 43
- Police give all-clear in Munich... 32
- After turmoil, Sanders, Michelle Obama,... 31
- Dems' division, emails roil party on... 28
- Watch live at the Democratic National... 25
- In wake of email hack, Democratic chair... 23
- Trump taunts claims that Russia hacked... 20