Matt Gade, Deseret News
SOUTH SUMMIT 64, BEAVER 53: Beau Rydalch knocked down three 3-pointers and finished with 26 points as South Summit outscored Beaver 21-10 to pull away for the 2A first round win. Michael Roberts scored 23 points in the loss for Beaver.
ENTERPRISE 76, NORTH SUMMIT 66: Justin Prisbrey scored 27 points and added 12 rebounds as Enterprise methodically pulled away from North Summit to claim the 2A first round win. Jake Jones and Travis Dougherty each added 13 points for the Wolves.
MERIT ACADEMY 60, GRAND 48: Rodolfo Peralta and Joel Martinez combined for 33 points to lead the Knights, who trailed by two points heading into the fourth quarter but pulled away for the 12-point victory in the 2A first round.
PAROWAN 56, MANTI 50: Parowan outscored Manti 31-24 in the second half to edge the Templars in the first round of the 2A playoffs. Caleb Murphy led the way for the Rams with 21 points, while Colton Barton chipped in 16 more with four treys in the win.
WASATCH ACADEMY 74, ROWLAND HALL 31: As expected, No. 1 Wasatch Academy rolled past Rowland Hall in the 2A first round as Geno Luzcando scored 19 points and added 10 steals, while Koby McEwen added 15 points and nine rebounds.
GUNNISON 67, DELTA 55: After falling behind early, Gunnison came storming back thanks to strong second and third quarters to top Delta in the 2A first round.
RICHFIELD 82, PARK CITY 58: Brandon Willardson led all scorers with 30 points while Brenan Thomas chipped in 22 more as Richfield blew past Park City in the first round of the 3A Playoffs.
CEDAR 50, GRANTSVILLE 45: Behind 24 points from Dustin Staggs and 15 more from Kordan Nielson, Cedar held off a late Grantsville rally to pick up the impressive 3A first round win. Cedar led by eight on two occasions in second half, but Grantsville battled back and got it to one and two points several times, but Nielson hit some big free throws down the stretch to ice it.
JUAN DIEGO 33, JUAB 31: In a surprising defensive 3A first round game, Will Hoffler scored nine points and Alex Hoffman added eight more as Juan Diego held on for the victory. Juab's Josh Clark led all scorers with 11 points.
PINE VIEW 73, TOOELE 58: Kody Wilstead recorded 14 points and 11 rebounds, while Garrett Bowker added 12 and Collin Dowdell chipped in with 11 as Pine View eased past Tooele for the 3A first round victory.
PAYSON 49, UINTAH 40: Mark Wolf led the Lions to the win with 11 points. Hayden Bunderson, from the Utes, scored 14 points in the close game.
BEAR RIVER 53, DESERT HILLS 43: Bear River outscored Desert Hills 10-0 in overtime to hold off the visitors for the 3A first round victory. Parker Lewis led the Bears with 16 points, while McKade Mitton added eight points and 12 rebounds. Deseret Hill's Jordan Hokanson led all scorers with 20 points in the loss.
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Report: ACC changes stance, now considers BYU...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies report he...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 52
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 38
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35