How to stay emotionally connected to your spouse after having children
Break out the wedding videos and photos and take a trip alone together yearly.
The wedding videos and photos: Theres nothing quite like going back and re-living your special day to remind you of why you got married in the first place. We love to watch our wedding video on our anniversary. This year will be our 19th, and my favorite part of the video is when I ask our future children how we look now. (I guarantee its not the same, but thats what makes it so fun!)
The trip alone together: As I mentioned before, we had a really lean decade when we were short on both time and money and not only neglected date night but trips alone together. Honestly, I think we could and should have tried to at least go to a local hotel for even one or two nights just to be alone together. We needed it so desperately during those years. (Please hear this, young and broke parents of babies and small children!) Now that we have more funds and older kids, this is one of our top priorities every year and worth whatever hassle it takes to make it work. (And it is a considerable hassle to get someone to take over the complicated ins and outs of our busy household!) In fact, tomorrow we will be on a plane for the California Coast. I can hardly wait.
QUESTION: How do you stay connected to your spouse all year long amid crazy family life?
CHALLENGE: Pick one idea listed above (or come up with something that fits you and your spouse better) and commit to do it!
This article is courtesy of Power of Moms, an online gathering place for deliberate mothers.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- 6-year-old 'Rapunzel' donates hair to...
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s...
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- Two powerful forces make American... 27
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 21
- 10 reasons a traditional marriage is... 19
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Utah’s... 19
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Sex education should start sooner,... 6
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days 5