NBA trade deadline: Andre Miller goes to Washington; Sixers swap Turner for Granger
David Zalubowski, AP
Former Ute Andre Miller has been traded to the Washington Wizards as a part of a three-team trade involving Denver and Philadelphia, according to Yahoo Sport's Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears.
Miller is averaging 5.9 points per game this season.
According to Wojnarowski, the Wizards traded forward Jan Vesely to Denver and former Jazz guard Eric Maynor and two second-round picks to Philadelphia as a part of the deal. Miller is expected to back up John Wall as Washington's point guard.
Meanwhile, former BYU Cougar Jimmer Fredette was not traded at the deadline, but not by a lack of effort by the Sacramento Kings. According to Wojnarowski, the Kings were actively looking to deal Fredette.
Kings still shopping Jimmer Fredette, unable to find deal for him so far, league sources tell Yahoo. A 2014 second-round pick could get him.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 20, 2014
The NBA has been buzzing throughout Thursday, with multiple deals going down before the deadline.
The biggest trade of the day belonged to Indianapolis and Philadelphia, with the Pacers sending off Danny Granger for former second-overall pick Evan Turner.
Indiana has traded Danny Granger to the 76ers for Evan Turner and Lavoy Allen, league sources tell Yahoo.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 20, 2014
In addition to dealing away Miller, the Nuggets also sent forward Jordan Hamilton to Houston for guard Aaron Brooks,according to CBS Sports.
Milwaukee sent guard Luke Ridnour and Gary Neal to Charlotte for Ramon Sessions and Jeff Adrien, according to ESPN, while CBS Sports also reported the Cavaliers acquired Spencer Hawes from Philadelphia for two second round picks.
San Antonio traded Nando De Colo to Toronto for Austin Daye at the 3 p.m. Eastern deadline, according to Wojnarowski.
San Antonio has traded Nando De Colo to the Toronto Raptors for Austin Daye, league source tells Yahoo Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 20, 2014
The Utah Jazz have remained quiet throughout the trade period.
All 15 Jazz players are at the practice facility. Derrick Favors is in the training room getting treatment on his hip.— Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) February 20, 2014
- So far, Dante Exum appears to be bigger and...
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder than...
- Dick Harmon: A more confident Robert Anae...
- Ranking the best college running backs...
- Jazz notes: Trey Lyles still not with team...
- You don't know Jack (Cooley)? Learn about...
- Class of 2015: Utah high school athletes with...
- Ranking the best fits for the Utah Jazz in...
- Morning links: Reviewing BYU's case to... 104
- U. cornerback Hatfield arrested for... 103
- Morning links: Damian Lillard, Paul... 32
- Mendenhall's coaching tenure at BYU: A... 28
- Brad Rock: Hatfield, Natson incidents... 28
- Utah football player Dominique Hatfield... 27
- BYU Cougars finish year with five... 24
- Doug Robinson: When money speaks louder... 24