NEW YORK — iTunes is putting its stamp on South by Southwest, piggybacking on the annual event hosted by the city of Austin, Texas, with its own music festival.
The company said Wednesday it will debut its popular iTunes Festival, a free concert series held in London for the past seven years. While the London version is a 30-day event, the U.S. festival will feature five nights of rock, country, pop and hip-hop held at the ACL Live at the Moody Theater, where Austin City Limits is held.
iTunes said the festival will feature a mix of new and established artists, including Coldplay, Keith Urban, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar.
South by Southwest, an international showcase for music, film and interactive projects, will be held next month.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Battered by recalls, GM buoyed by its large SUVs
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2