NEW YORK — iTunes is putting its stamp on South by Southwest, piggybacking on the annual event hosted by the city of Austin, Texas, with its own music festival.
The company said Wednesday it will debut its popular iTunes Festival, a free concert series held in London for the past seven years. While the London version is a 30-day event, the U.S. festival will feature five nights of rock, country, pop and hip-hop held at the ACL Live at the Moody Theater, where Austin City Limits is held.
iTunes said the festival will feature a mix of new and established artists, including Coldplay, Keith Urban, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar.
South by Southwest, an international showcase for music, film and interactive projects, will be held next month.
- Retiring overseas is more than a matter of money
- Small Utah town violated law by asking about...
- Becker: 'Salt Lake City is well-positioned...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on aging...
- Study: Tourism significant to rural Utah economy
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 23
- More Americans spending at least half... 16
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 6
- Women innovators leading by example 6
- Money doesn't necessarily equate to job... 5
- Energy-producing states blast Obama... 4
- High-tech sensors help kids keep eye on... 1
- Los Angeles sues Wells Fargo, alleging... 1