NEW YORK — iTunes is putting its stamp on South by Southwest, piggybacking on the annual event hosted by the city of Austin, Texas, with its own music festival.
The company said Wednesday it will debut its popular iTunes Festival, a free concert series held in London for the past seven years. While the London version is a 30-day event, the U.S. festival will feature five nights of rock, country, pop and hip-hop held at the ACL Live at the Moody Theater, where Austin City Limits is held.
iTunes said the festival will feature a mix of new and established artists, including Coldplay, Keith Urban, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar.
South by Southwest, an international showcase for music, film and interactive projects, will be held next month.
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80...
- Failed resort embittered friends, Marc Jenson...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- Balloon crew surpasses distance record in...
- How can Google snap its stock out of its stupor?
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 62
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah's largest oil producer lays off 80... 13
- McDonald's CEO steps down as sales decline 7
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- Greek radical left wins election,... 3
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Knocking doors: What to know before... 3