NEW YORK — iTunes is putting its stamp on South by Southwest, piggybacking on the annual event hosted by the city of Austin, Texas, with its own music festival.
The company said Wednesday it will debut its popular iTunes Festival, a free concert series held in London for the past seven years. While the London version is a 30-day event, the U.S. festival will feature five nights of rock, country, pop and hip-hop held at the ACL Live at the Moody Theater, where Austin City Limits is held.
iTunes said the festival will feature a mix of new and established artists, including Coldplay, Keith Urban, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar.
South by Southwest, an international showcase for music, film and interactive projects, will be held next month.
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral?
- Low gas prices are great, but could be...
- Bad Santa? 5 tips to tackle your holiday gift...
- What are people gifting this year? Data from...
- Selling gold, precious metals part of...
- Dave Ramsey says: Make the most of a...
- Wal-Mart tests gift card exchange
- BBC exposes inhumane working conditions... 6
- Sony announces limited release for 'The... 5
- Survey finds fewer women working now... 5
- About Utah: They're best in the world 3
- Should toy marketing be gender neutral? 3
- Low gas prices are great, but could be... 3
- US home sales dropped sharply in November 1
- US consumer spending up solid 0.6 pct.... 1