NEW YORK — iTunes is putting its stamp on South by Southwest, piggybacking on the annual event hosted by the city of Austin, Texas, with its own music festival.
The company said Wednesday it will debut its popular iTunes Festival, a free concert series held in London for the past seven years. While the London version is a 30-day event, the U.S. festival will feature five nights of rock, country, pop and hip-hop held at the ACL Live at the Moody Theater, where Austin City Limits is held.
iTunes said the festival will feature a mix of new and established artists, including Coldplay, Keith Urban, Imagine Dragons and London Grammar.
South by Southwest, an international showcase for music, film and interactive projects, will be held next month.
- 4 reasons why you shouldn't shop on Black Friday
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- Immigration reform will boost the economy,...
- Review: 4 shopping apps that will save you money
- Our complete guide to Black Friday, Cyber...
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals
- UDOT tow plow drivers train for winter
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull options
- Obama immigration plan good, not great... 13
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 12
- White House: Immigration steps would... 7
- Immigration reform will boost the... 5
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for deals 4
- Facing health law hikes, consumers mull... 4
- The best time of year to buy (Hint:... 1
- Photos: Deseret Book winter display... 1