TYCE BARNEY, Panguitch, basketball: This senior is closing in on some pretty elite company.
Spurred on by a career-high 41 points in a win over Escalante last week, and 19 more in another victory over Valley, Barney upped his career points total to 1,791.
With potentially nine more games for Panguitch, if Barney maintains his 25.0 scoring average hell surpass 2,000 career points. Only five players in state history have surpassed 2,000 points, and hed need to finish with 2,033 points to crack the top five.
Tyce has a great attitude and works extremely hard in practice. His play and leadership has helped his team post a 15-1 mark thus far this season, said Panguitch coach Clint Barney.
Recently named to the 1A Academic All-State team, Barney is averaging 8.8 rebounds and 3.3 steals. Hes been named a Deseret News first team all-stater the past two seasons.
BLAIR BLISS, Desert Hills, girls basketball: The Thunder are perfect against 3A competition this season and has suffered just one loss total.
Last week, Desert Hills continued its Region 9 dominance with two easy victories one by 39 points and the other by 25 points to wrap up league play. And all along, the Thunder has received major contributions from Bliss, a 5-foot-8 senior who fills the stat line night in and night out.
In her teams final two regular season games, Bliss recorded 13 points one night and then a 17-point, 11-rebound double-double with five assists and five steals the next. She is averaging 12.50 points, 4.9 rebounds, 5.55 assists, and 3.82 steals per game on the season, statistics that not only lead her team but are also on the 3A and statewide leaderboards.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33