Robert F. Bukaty, Associated Press
SOCHI, Russia — Canada beat rival Britain 9-6 on Wednesday for a third straight win in women's Olympic curling and the U.S lost again to move to the brink of elimination.
The undefeated Canadians joined Switzerland atop the standings with three wins and no losses. Canada earlier scored wins over China and Sweden, two of its other main rivals for gold.
Eve Muirhead's British rink came to the Olympics as the favorite but has lost two of its first three games.
The Americans lost their fourth straight, 7-4 to China, and likely will need to win all five of their remaining round-robin games to stand a chance of reaching the semifinals.
In other matches in the afternoon session, defending champion Sweden beat Korea 7-4 and host nation Russia lost to China 8-4.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34