Erin Hull/The Coloradoan, AP
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Preston Medlin scored 18 points Tuesday night and Utah State dominated Colorado State 71-62.
Spencer Butterfield scored 14, Kyle Davis had 12, Jarred Shaw grabbed 10 rebounds, and the Aggies (15-9, 5-7 Mountain West) never trailed.
Utah State opened with a 10-2 run that included Medlin's 200th career trey, and pulled to a 19-8 lead. Butterfield hit consecutive treys — for his 100th career 3-pointer — for a 25-10 Utah State lead, and the Aggies led 29-15 at halftime. Colorado State shot just 17.2 percent in the half.
The Aggies built a 19-point lead after a 7-2 second-half run capped by a three-point play by Jalen Moore. The Rams showed some life when Daniel Bejarano and Jon Octeus each hit a trey, cutting the lead to 12, but the Aggies held them off.
Octeus led Colorado State (14-11, 5-7) with 22, Bejarano had 21, and J.J. Avila 14.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28