Erin Hull/The Coloradoan, AP
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Preston Medlin scored 18 points Tuesday night and Utah State dominated Colorado State 71-62.
Spencer Butterfield scored 14, Kyle Davis had 12, Jarred Shaw grabbed 10 rebounds, and the Aggies (15-9, 5-7 Mountain West) never trailed.
Utah State opened with a 10-2 run that included Medlin's 200th career trey, and pulled to a 19-8 lead. Butterfield hit consecutive treys — for his 100th career 3-pointer — for a 25-10 Utah State lead, and the Aggies led 29-15 at halftime. Colorado State shot just 17.2 percent in the half.
The Aggies built a 19-point lead after a 7-2 second-half run capped by a three-point play by Jalen Moore. The Rams showed some life when Daniel Bejarano and Jon Octeus each hit a trey, cutting the lead to 12, but the Aggies held them off.
Octeus led Colorado State (14-11, 5-7) with 22, Bejarano had 21, and J.J. Avila 14.
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 47
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42