Erin Hull/The Coloradoan, AP
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Preston Medlin scored 18 points Tuesday night and Utah State dominated Colorado State 71-62.
Spencer Butterfield scored 14, Kyle Davis had 12, Jarred Shaw grabbed 10 rebounds, and the Aggies (15-9, 5-7 Mountain West) never trailed.
Utah State opened with a 10-2 run that included Medlin's 200th career trey, and pulled to a 19-8 lead. Butterfield hit consecutive treys — for his 100th career 3-pointer — for a 25-10 Utah State lead, and the Aggies led 29-15 at halftime. Colorado State shot just 17.2 percent in the half.
The Aggies built a 19-point lead after a 7-2 second-half run capped by a three-point play by Jalen Moore. The Rams showed some life when Daniel Bejarano and Jon Octeus each hit a trey, cutting the lead to 12, but the Aggies held them off.
Octeus led Colorado State (14-11, 5-7) with 22, Bejarano had 21, and J.J. Avila 14.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19