Erin Hull/The Coloradoan, AP
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Preston Medlin scored 18 points Tuesday night and Utah State dominated Colorado State 71-62.
Spencer Butterfield scored 14, Kyle Davis had 12, Jarred Shaw grabbed 10 rebounds, and the Aggies (15-9, 5-7 Mountain West) never trailed.
Utah State opened with a 10-2 run that included Medlin's 200th career trey, and pulled to a 19-8 lead. Butterfield hit consecutive treys — for his 100th career 3-pointer — for a 25-10 Utah State lead, and the Aggies led 29-15 at halftime. Colorado State shot just 17.2 percent in the half.
The Aggies built a 19-point lead after a 7-2 second-half run capped by a three-point play by Jalen Moore. The Rams showed some life when Daniel Bejarano and Jon Octeus each hit a trey, cutting the lead to 12, but the Aggies held them off.
Octeus led Colorado State (14-11, 5-7) with 22, Bejarano had 21, and J.J. Avila 14.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20