Erin Hull/The Coloradoan, AP
FORT COLLINS, Colo. (AP) — Preston Medlin scored 18 points Tuesday night and Utah State dominated Colorado State 71-62.
Spencer Butterfield scored 14, Kyle Davis had 12, Jarred Shaw grabbed 10 rebounds, and the Aggies (15-9, 5-7 Mountain West) never trailed.
Utah State opened with a 10-2 run that included Medlin's 200th career trey, and pulled to a 19-8 lead. Butterfield hit consecutive treys — for his 100th career 3-pointer — for a 25-10 Utah State lead, and the Aggies led 29-15 at halftime. Colorado State shot just 17.2 percent in the half.
The Aggies built a 19-point lead after a 7-2 second-half run capped by a three-point play by Jalen Moore. The Rams showed some life when Daniel Bejarano and Jon Octeus each hit a trey, cutting the lead to 12, but the Aggies held them off.
Octeus led Colorado State (14-11, 5-7) with 22, Bejarano had 21, and J.J. Avila 14.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34