SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento State built a big first-half lead by shooting 62 percent from the field and cruised to a 68-56 win over Southern Utah Monday night.
Mikh McKinney 15 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Sacramento State (10-11, 6-6 Big Sky). Dylan Garrity added another 13 points and Alex tiffin pulled down 10 rebounds.
Sacramento State shot 49 percent from the field (26 of 53) and was 5 of 11 from long range while outrebounding the Thunderbirds, 38-25.
Southern Utah's starters scored just 11 points and were a collective 5 of 20 from the field. Jaren Jeffery came off the bench to lead the Thunderbirds with 21 points on 9 of 11 shooting, with Juwan Major adding another 11 by shooting 5 of 8 from the field.
As a team, Southern Utah (1-20, 0-12) shot 22 of 51 (43 percent).
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15