SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento State built a big first-half lead by shooting 62 percent from the field and cruised to a 68-56 win over Southern Utah Monday night.
Mikh McKinney 15 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Sacramento State (10-11, 6-6 Big Sky). Dylan Garrity added another 13 points and Alex tiffin pulled down 10 rebounds.
Sacramento State shot 49 percent from the field (26 of 53) and was 5 of 11 from long range while outrebounding the Thunderbirds, 38-25.
Southern Utah's starters scored just 11 points and were a collective 5 of 20 from the field. Jaren Jeffery came off the bench to lead the Thunderbirds with 21 points on 9 of 11 shooting, with Juwan Major adding another 11 by shooting 5 of 8 from the field.
As a team, Southern Utah (1-20, 0-12) shot 22 of 51 (43 percent).
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19