SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento State built a big first-half lead by shooting 62 percent from the field and cruised to a 68-56 win over Southern Utah Monday night.
Mikh McKinney 15 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Sacramento State (10-11, 6-6 Big Sky). Dylan Garrity added another 13 points and Alex tiffin pulled down 10 rebounds.
Sacramento State shot 49 percent from the field (26 of 53) and was 5 of 11 from long range while outrebounding the Thunderbirds, 38-25.
Southern Utah's starters scored just 11 points and were a collective 5 of 20 from the field. Jaren Jeffery came off the bench to lead the Thunderbirds with 21 points on 9 of 11 shooting, with Juwan Major adding another 11 by shooting 5 of 8 from the field.
As a team, Southern Utah (1-20, 0-12) shot 22 of 51 (43 percent).
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48