SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Sacramento State built a big first-half lead by shooting 62 percent from the field and cruised to a 68-56 win over Southern Utah Monday night.
Mikh McKinney 15 points and grabbed six rebounds to lead Sacramento State (10-11, 6-6 Big Sky). Dylan Garrity added another 13 points and Alex tiffin pulled down 10 rebounds.
Sacramento State shot 49 percent from the field (26 of 53) and was 5 of 11 from long range while outrebounding the Thunderbirds, 38-25.
Southern Utah's starters scored just 11 points and were a collective 5 of 20 from the field. Jaren Jeffery came off the bench to lead the Thunderbirds with 21 points on 9 of 11 shooting, with Juwan Major adding another 11 by shooting 5 of 8 from the field.
As a team, Southern Utah (1-20, 0-12) shot 22 of 51 (43 percent).
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37