Sochi 2014: U.S. snowboarder Jamie Anderson delivers under historic pressure to win slopestyle Olympic gold
As Anderson talked about the love between competitors, which was evident everywhere, including in the media maze where competitors shared smiles and tears and exchanged praise and love, Jones quipped, “Can you tell she’s a hippie from Tahoe?” Anderson embraced the characterization, and the two then began a light-hearted exchange about the different ways they deal with stress.
“Last night I was so nervous, I couldn’t even eat,” Anderson admitted, as Jones said something about her lighting candles. “I was trying to calm down, so yeah, I burned some sage, had some candles going, did some yoga.” At that point Jones dissolved into laughter and said, “I knew it!”
Anderson just kept rolling, “The yoga always comes through for me.”
Jones, on the other hand, said she relaxed the evening before the finals by watching “Downton Abbey,” prompting Anderson to quip, “What’s that?” And then she added, “Jenny gets hippie with us. We sneak her in for a quick ‘Om.'”
Anderson said all of the women were supporting each other as they all tried to put their best tricks on display in the sport’s debut.
“All of that love up there is real,” she said. “You don’t see a lot of sports where girls are so supportive of each other. I’m so thankful snowboarding has brought me to so many places, helped me make so many friends, and to be here and represent my country, it’s such an honor. And I’m beyond grateful to be here.”
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Top-ranked Jason Day skipping Rio Olympics...
- Missy Franklin rallies with gutsy swim at US...
- Doug Robinson: A history of Utahns in Olympic...
- BYU Olympian teaches optimism, overcoming...
- Doug Robinson: The NBA sending a junior...
- Doug Robinson: The NBA sending a junior... 7
- Guest editorial: 2016 Rio Olympics... 4
- Doug Robinson: A history of Utahns in... 1
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free... 0
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic... 0
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines... 0
- Top-ranked Jason Day skipping Rio... 0
- Missy Franklin rallies with gutsy swim... 0