Mississippi, Alabama most Protestant states, Gallup says
"Fifty-one percent of Americans identified as Protestant or other non-Catholic Christian in 2013, making this by far the largest major religious grouping in the country. All 10 of the most Protestant states are located in the South," according to Gallup's Frank Newport, who authored the firm's article about the survey results.
Gallup also noted the unique role of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Utah, saying, "The least Protestant state is heavily Mormon Utah, which is only 11% Protestant."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- President Henry B. Eyring: 'The Comforter'
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson: 'Defenders of the...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- From log cabin to university, BYU-Idaho...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 165
- Why I don’t call myself a... 92
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 63
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 16
- Meet the Muslim actor playing Jesus in... 10
- General Women's Session focuses on... 10
- Returning LDS missionary, father... 8