SPRINGVILLE 58, SPANISH FORK 51: Tough defense in the third quarter helped lead Springville to the seven-point win over Spanish Fork. Max Schreiner led all scorers with 24 points and three treys.
PIUTE 74, ESCALANTE 48: Cole Payton scored 13 points, while Dalton and Logan Steed combined for 35 points in the region win. Piute shut down Escalante in the second and third quarter, outscoring them 52-23.
PANGUITCH 90, MILFORD 43: Chance Campbell scored a game-high 24 points, netting six three-pointers to help Panguitch to a blowout victory over Milford.
BRIGHTON 56, COPPER HILLS 53: Maddie Chin and Dani Barton combined for 30 points, as Brighton outlasted Copper Hills in the barnburner region victory. Sarah Midgley drained six 3-pointers, and finished with 19 points in the loss.
ALTA 59, JORDAN 34: Madyson Quigley posted 19 points for Alta.
AMERICAN FORK 51, PLEASANT GROVE 20: Jenna Shepherd led American Fork in the blowout victory over Pleasant Grove with 15 points.
ROY 54, BOX ELDER 52: Kaitlyn Hurley led the Royals to the close victory over Box Elder, scoring 18 points in the region win.
SKY VIEW 69, LOGAN 42: Jessica Smith posted 17 points for the Bobcats.
PROVO 41, SALEM HILLS 38: Provo went 8-for-9 at the free-throw line in the final minutes of the fourth quarter to pick up the region victory at home. Noa Talia-Masuda finished the game with a game-high 22 points in the win.
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit after ACC...
- Lone Peak guard, former BYU commit Jackson,...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- Doug Robinson: What might have been for the...
- BYU basketball: Cougars shake up starting...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 74
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 61
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35