FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — Davion Berry scored 28 points to lead Weber State to a 76-67 win over Northern Arizona on Thursday.
Jeremy Senglin added 15 points and Joel Bolomboy had 13 rebounds for the Wildcats (10-6, 7-1), who shot 53.8 percent and made 28 of 40 free throws. Berry was 10 of 11 from the line and hit 4 of 7 3-pointers as WSU went 6-12 behind the arc.
Weber State coach Randy Rahe picked up his 100th conference win against 25 losses. He is 161-81 at WSU.
Max Jacobsen had 18 points for NAU (8-12, 5-4) with Quinton Upshur adding 15 and Kris Yanku 14. The Lumberjacks were 1-11 on 3's and shot 41.4 percent.
Weber built a double-figure lead by limiting Upshur, who averages 15.5 points, to just 5 free throws through 31 minutes. He only got off two shots before making a layup with 8:16 to play.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37