CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Kareem Jamar scored 25 points as Montana defeated Southern Utah 69-61 on Thursday night, giving Wayne Tinkle his 150th victory as Grizzlies head coach.
Jordan Gregory added 15 points, Keron DeShields 12 and Mario Dunn 11 for Montana (9-9, 4-5 Big Sky). The Grizzlies made 7 of 16 3-point attempts.
Southern Utah (1-17, 0-9) tumbled to its 17th straight loss. The Thunderbirds have lost their last four games by an average of six points.
The Thunderbirds led 25-22 at halftime and were up by six early in the second half but the game tightened from there. The Grizzlies took the lead for good on two free throws by Andy Martin to go up 53-52 with 4:57 left which started a 14-5 run that left Montana up 67-57 with 33 seconds remaining.
Trey Kennedy scored 17 points, hitting 11 of 14 free throws, and Casey Oliverson 14 for the Thunderbirds.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37