CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Kareem Jamar scored 25 points as Montana defeated Southern Utah 69-61 on Thursday night, giving Wayne Tinkle his 150th victory as Grizzlies head coach.
Jordan Gregory added 15 points, Keron DeShields 12 and Mario Dunn 11 for Montana (9-9, 4-5 Big Sky). The Grizzlies made 7 of 16 3-point attempts.
Southern Utah (1-17, 0-9) tumbled to its 17th straight loss. The Thunderbirds have lost their last four games by an average of six points.
The Thunderbirds led 25-22 at halftime and were up by six early in the second half but the game tightened from there. The Grizzlies took the lead for good on two free throws by Andy Martin to go up 53-52 with 4:57 left which started a 14-5 run that left Montana up 67-57 with 33 seconds remaining.
Trey Kennedy scored 17 points, hitting 11 of 14 free throws, and Casey Oliverson 14 for the Thunderbirds.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- High school football: Friday's playoff roundup
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32