CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Kareem Jamar scored 25 points as Montana defeated Southern Utah 69-61 on Thursday night, giving Wayne Tinkle his 150th victory as Grizzlies head coach.
Jordan Gregory added 15 points, Keron DeShields 12 and Mario Dunn 11 for Montana (9-9, 4-5 Big Sky). The Grizzlies made 7 of 16 3-point attempts.
Southern Utah (1-17, 0-9) tumbled to its 17th straight loss. The Thunderbirds have lost their last four games by an average of six points.
The Thunderbirds led 25-22 at halftime and were up by six early in the second half but the game tightened from there. The Grizzlies took the lead for good on two free throws by Andy Martin to go up 53-52 with 4:57 left which started a 14-5 run that left Montana up 67-57 with 33 seconds remaining.
Trey Kennedy scored 17 points, hitting 11 of 14 free throws, and Casey Oliverson 14 for the Thunderbirds.
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15