CEDAR CITY, Utah (AP) — Kareem Jamar scored 25 points as Montana defeated Southern Utah 69-61 on Thursday night, giving Wayne Tinkle his 150th victory as Grizzlies head coach.
Jordan Gregory added 15 points, Keron DeShields 12 and Mario Dunn 11 for Montana (9-9, 4-5 Big Sky). The Grizzlies made 7 of 16 3-point attempts.
Southern Utah (1-17, 0-9) tumbled to its 17th straight loss. The Thunderbirds have lost their last four games by an average of six points.
The Thunderbirds led 25-22 at halftime and were up by six early in the second half but the game tightened from there. The Grizzlies took the lead for good on two free throws by Andy Martin to go up 53-52 with 4:57 left which started a 14-5 run that left Montana up 67-57 with 33 seconds remaining.
Trey Kennedy scored 17 points, hitting 11 of 14 free throws, and Casey Oliverson 14 for the Thunderbirds.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 33
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 17
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14