Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Maryland police say the man who killed two people and then shot himself inside a shopping mall wrote about killing people in his journal and said he was ready to die.
Howard County police on Wednesday released details through their Twitter account of Darion Aguilar's journal.
Police say the 19-year-old Aguilar killed two store employees Saturday at the Mall in Columbia and then took his own life. Detectives are trying to determine a motive.
Police say he wrote in general terms in his journal about killing people did not mention targeting specific people or locations. Police say the journal "expresses a general hatred of others" and a willingness to die.
He also apologized to his family for what he was planning to do.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Ben Barnes, Katherine Heigl in tune in...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- 32 teens escape from Nashville detention center
- Video purports to show second beheading of US...
- AP Analysis: Putin digs in for long Ukraine...
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants to hit US
- No gray area: Beliefs shape firm, disparate...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 56
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Lawmakers: Islamic State groups wants... 22
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 17
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 12
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12