Jose Luis Magana, Associated Press
WASHINGTON — Maryland police say the man who killed two people and then shot himself inside a shopping mall wrote about killing people in his journal and said he was ready to die.
Howard County police on Wednesday released details through their Twitter account of Darion Aguilar's journal.
Police say the 19-year-old Aguilar killed two store employees Saturday at the Mall in Columbia and then took his own life. Detectives are trying to determine a motive.
Police say he wrote in general terms in his journal about killing people did not mention targeting specific people or locations. Police say the journal "expresses a general hatred of others" and a willingness to die.
He also apologized to his family for what he was planning to do.
- For the first time in American history,...
- Amish country bristles at ‘Mafia’...
- You'll never believe where your bottled water...
- A New York Times article said Michael Brown...
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Napa earthquake hastens calls for warning system
- Ebola has 'upper hand,' says US official
- Ask Mr. Dad: Handling a child’s...
- For the first time in American history,... 25
- Obama faces tough options in Iraq and... 23
- Obama administration announces new... 19
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 17
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role... 15
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 14
- Obama back at White House after summer... 14
- Mourners gather in St. Louis for Brown... 13