NEW YORK — Mint chocolate toothpaste?
Procter & Gamble said Tuesday it is launching a line of Crest toothpastes called "Be" that featuring nontraditional flavors including Mint Chocolate Trek, Vanilla Mint Spark and Lime Spearmint Zest.
The new line comes as Procter & Gamble turns toward new product innovation to spur growth in developed markets like the U.S. The world's largest consumer products maker, which makes products ranging from Tide detergent to Gillette Razors, said Friday its net income fell 16 percent as it faced a tough comparison with last year's results.
P&G Marketing Director Rishi Dhingra said the toothpastes were designed to "allow for an unexpected experience through flavors that offer personal expression."
It's not the first time Crest has tried unusual flavors in toothpaste. In 2003, Crest introduced Crest Whitening Expressions in flavors like Cinnamon Rush, Fresh Citrus Breeze and Extreme Herbal Mint. The line was promoted by Chef Emeril Lagasse and his trademark "Bam!" catchphrase.
Procter & Gamble, like most consumer product companies, is trying to offset slower growth in developed markets with cost cuts and by expanding in emerging markets. It is also focusing on new products in developed markets like the U.S.
On Friday the company said it has updates to its Crest 3D White oral care products, new Old Spice products like shampoo and conditioner and a new Pantene formula all in the pipeline.
The toothpaste line will be available the first week in February at drugstores and mass retailers nationwide and will retail for $4.99.
- Why your co-workers come to work sick
- Local government board fostered 'culture of...
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas...
- 5 tips for a successful job interview
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has cancer...
- Business says thanks by donating 10 bicycles...
- Millions being spent gambling at 2 bingo...
- Why workers aren't taking vacation time, and...
- Local government board fostered... 16
- Salt Lake's 'passive' house a model of... 6
- Provo airport expansion could provide... 5
- BLM releases blueprint for oil and gas... 4
- Millions being spent gambling at 2... 3
- Why your co-workers come to work sick 1
- 5 tips for a successful job interview 1
- Family whose 3-year-old daughter has... 1