Dennis Montgomery, AP
OGDEN, Utah — Davion Berry scored 25 points to lift Weber State to a 68-63 win Saturday night over Montana.
Joel Bolomboy contributed 12 points and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds, Kyndahl Hill added 11 points and Kyle Tresnak had 10 for Weber State (10-6, 7-1 Big Sky), which shot 23 of 49 from the field in its fourth-straight win.
With the score tied at 50 late in the second half, the Wildcats used an 8-0 spurt fueled by five Bolomboy free throws to build the lead it would protect down the stretch.
Montana (8-9, 3-5) shaved the gap to four on a 3-pointer from Kareem Jamar that made it 67-63 with 18 seconds to go but missed its two final shots, as Weber State landed just 1 of 4 from the foul line.
Jamar led the Grizzlies with 20 points, while Michael Weisner added 17, Jordan Gregory 13 and Keron DeShields 11.
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 63
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 51