Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
DELTA 70, MILLARD 62: Delta's Logan Smith (40) and Millard's Jeffrey Robison (33) put on a shooting clinic, but Smith's team ultimately picked up the win. The Rabbits connected on 28 of 39 free-throw attempts.
DUCHESNE 66, TABIONA 53: Duchesne jumped out to an early lead and held on to beat Tabiona on the road.
BRIGHTON 43, BINGHAM 38: Brighton's Maddy Chin and Sammie Smith scored 20 points collectively to help Brighton edge Bingham at home.
RIVERTON 51, LONE PEAK 35: After falling behind 15-6 in the first quarter, Riverton outscored Lone Peak 45-20 for the remaining three quarters. Latisha and Shelby Richards combined for 29 points in the win.
MOUNTAIN CREST 58, ROY 45: The Mustangs outscored Roy by 13 points in the third quarter to pull away with the Region 5 win. Katie led Mountain Crest with 20 points and Madison Snow totaled 13 points with three 3-pointers. For Roy, in the loss, Aubrey Porter and Kaitlyn Hurley combined to score 27 points with five 3s.
BEAR RIVER 57, GRANTSVILLE 13: Alyssa Park netted a game-high 19 points with three 3-pointers in the win for Bear River.
JUAB 54, RICHFIELD 53: McCall Sperry hit a running jumper with 2.6 seconds left to lift the Wasps and give Richfield its first loss in region play. Sperry finished with five points while Ally Nelson and Hailey Wright scored 19 and 10 points, respectively. For the Wildcats, in the loss, Aspen Shumway recorded a game-high 21 points.
ROWLAND HALL 49, MERIT ACADEMY 13: Jessica Sterrett was the only player to reach double figures, leading the Winged Lion with 15 points and a 3-pointers.
EMERY 53, WASATCH ACADEMY 21: Emery had 10 players contribute offensively including Ashlynn Allred, who scored a game-high 14 points with one trey in the win.
NORTH SUMMIT 67, SUMMIT ACADEMY 59: Summit Academy cut the Braves' lead to three points late in the fourth quarter, but could not overcome the deficit. Kasidee Evans scored a game-best 23 points in a game with 71 combined free throws.
WENDOVER 43, INTERMOUNTAIN CHRISTIAN 23: The Wildcats jumped out to a strong start, and then rolled through the second half.
MANILA 41, GREEN RIVER, WYO. 25: Rebecca Collett scored a team-high 13 points in the home victory for Manila.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24