Glenn Beck: 'I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart'
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
During a Tuesday interview with Fox News' Megyn Kelly, Kelly's former colleague Glenn Beck looked back at his time on the channel, saying he wished he would've spent more time uniting rather than dividing.
"I remember it as an awful lot of fun," Beck said about being on Fox News, "and that I made an awful lot of mistakes, and I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language. Because I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart. And it's not who we are.
"I didn't realize how really fragile the people were," Beck continued. "I thought we were kind of a little more in it together. And now I look back and I realize if we could have talked about the uniting principles a little bit more, instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly."
Since leaving Fox News, Beck has worked to build his own media empire with things like The Glenn Beck Program radio show, The Blaze news website and TheBlaze TV television network.
Beck visited Utah in July 2013 for the FreedomWorks "Free the People" rally and his "Man in the Moon" tour, a "new art form" that he said told the story of Earth's history as seen by the Man in the Moon.
"The answer to all of our problems is love," Beck told Deseret News reporter McKenzie Romero at the time. "If you want a smaller government or a less-intrusive government, you have to do it yourself. See the plight of those less fortunate or those struggling as your own, to counter those, and to hold those up who are struggling. I mean, that's what Jesus teaches, and that's the only thing that's going to get us through dark times."
- Official says gunman made 'no more baby...
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack at...
- These touching Christmas ads will melt any...
- Officer killed in Colorado was co-pastor,...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- White House undergoes holiday lockdown after...
- Carson visiting Syrian refugees in Jordan
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 96
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 38
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 27
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 25
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 23
- Obama pledges solidarity with France,... 19
- Officer charged with murder in teen's... 18
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 17