Glenn Beck: 'I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart'
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
During a Tuesday interview with Fox News' Megyn Kelly, Kelly's former colleague Glenn Beck looked back at his time on the channel, saying he wished he would've spent more time uniting rather than dividing.
"I remember it as an awful lot of fun," Beck said about being on Fox News, "and that I made an awful lot of mistakes, and I wish I could go back and be more uniting in my language. Because I think I played a role, unfortunately, in helping tear the country apart. And it's not who we are.
"I didn't realize how really fragile the people were," Beck continued. "I thought we were kind of a little more in it together. And now I look back and I realize if we could have talked about the uniting principles a little bit more, instead of just the problems, I think I would look back on it a little more fondly."
Since leaving Fox News, Beck has worked to build his own media empire with things like The Glenn Beck Program radio show, The Blaze news website and TheBlaze TV television network.
Beck visited Utah in July 2013 for the FreedomWorks "Free the People" rally and his "Man in the Moon" tour, a "new art form" that he said told the story of Earth's history as seen by the Man in the Moon.
"The answer to all of our problems is love," Beck told Deseret News reporter McKenzie Romero at the time. "If you want a smaller government or a less-intrusive government, you have to do it yourself. See the plight of those less fortunate or those struggling as your own, to counter those, and to hold those up who are struggling. I mean, that's what Jesus teaches, and that's the only thing that's going to get us through dark times."
- ACT scores, 2015: A breakdown of each state,...
- The 25 most educated cities in America: Where...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump over...
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on...
- KUTV back on DISH Network; KSL still dark on...
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's...
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic rifles
- GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul to hold...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 75
- Trump starts new media feud with... 36
- What keeps teachers from staying in the... 34
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- USC's Steve Sarkisian apologizes for... 17
- Trump says he's proud he booted... 16
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- Fired reporter kills 2 former... 15