OGDEN — Davion Berry scored 23 points and had six assists as Weber State held on for a 65-59 victory over Idaho State Monday night.
Weber State (8-6, 5-1 Big Sky Conference) held a 26-22 halftime advantage and led 53-41 with 6:26 remaining in the game. Idaho State made a run, closing to 59-57 with 46 seconds remaining following two 3-point shots by Chris Hansen. The Wildcats answered as Jordan Richardson, who had 18 points, made two free throws and Berry followed with a layup and two free throws to secure the win.
Weber State won the rebound battle 38 to 27 as Joel Bolomboy had 16 and Kyle Tesnak pulled down 11. The Wildcats also made 12 of 25 shots from beyond the arc.
Hansen led Idaho State (6-9, 3-3) with 27 points and Tomas Sanchez contributed 12 points and four assists.
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43