OGDEN — Davion Berry scored 23 points and had six assists as Weber State held on for a 65-59 victory over Idaho State Monday night.
Weber State (8-6, 5-1 Big Sky Conference) held a 26-22 halftime advantage and led 53-41 with 6:26 remaining in the game. Idaho State made a run, closing to 59-57 with 46 seconds remaining following two 3-point shots by Chris Hansen. The Wildcats answered as Jordan Richardson, who had 18 points, made two free throws and Berry followed with a layup and two free throws to secure the win.
Weber State won the rebound battle 38 to 27 as Joel Bolomboy had 16 and Kyle Tesnak pulled down 11. The Wildcats also made 12 of 25 shots from beyond the arc.
Hansen led Idaho State (6-9, 3-3) with 27 points and Tomas Sanchez contributed 12 points and four assists.
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Gordon Hayward's buzzer-beater extends Jazz...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 32
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22