Former Olympus High all-state basketball player Nicholas Paulos had a career shooting performance for the University of North Carolina Greensboro on Saturday night during the Spartans' 92-83 loss to the Davidson Wildcats. Paulos, a junior, went 9-for-9 on 3-point field goals in a game played at the Greensboro Coliseum.
His performance was one of the five best 3-point shooting games in NCAA Division I history. Only one player has hit 10 consecutive 3-pointers without a miss in a single game, and three other players, besides Paulos, have hit nine. This was a UNCG and Southern Conference record.
Paulos adds this record to his single game record of 10 3-pointers, which he set last year vs. UT-Chattanooga when he hit 10-of-12.
Paulos now ranks 8th on the all-time list of 3-point shooters at UNCG with 159. He leads the Southern Conference in 3-point field goals and 3-point field goal percentage.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 68
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28