Former Olympus High all-state basketball player Nicholas Paulos had a career shooting performance for the University of North Carolina Greensboro on Saturday night during the Spartans' 92-83 loss to the Davidson Wildcats. Paulos, a junior, went 9-for-9 on 3-point field goals in a game played at the Greensboro Coliseum.
His performance was one of the five best 3-point shooting games in NCAA Division I history. Only one player has hit 10 consecutive 3-pointers without a miss in a single game, and three other players, besides Paulos, have hit nine. This was a UNCG and Southern Conference record.
Paulos adds this record to his single game record of 10 3-pointers, which he set last year vs. UT-Chattanooga when he hit 10-of-12.
Paulos now ranks 8th on the all-time list of 3-point shooters at UNCG with 159. He leads the Southern Conference in 3-point field goals and 3-point field goal percentage.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the latest...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 66
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 19