Former Olympus High all-state basketball player Nicholas Paulos had a career shooting performance for the University of North Carolina Greensboro on Saturday night during the Spartans' 92-83 loss to the Davidson Wildcats. Paulos, a junior, went 9-for-9 on 3-point field goals in a game played at the Greensboro Coliseum.
His performance was one of the five best 3-point shooting games in NCAA Division I history. Only one player has hit 10 consecutive 3-pointers without a miss in a single game, and three other players, besides Paulos, have hit nine. This was a UNCG and Southern Conference record.
Paulos adds this record to his single game record of 10 3-pointers, which he set last year vs. UT-Chattanooga when he hit 10-of-12.
Paulos now ranks 8th on the all-time list of 3-point shooters at UNCG with 159. He leads the Southern Conference in 3-point field goals and 3-point field goal percentage.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19