Former Olympus High all-state basketball player Nicholas Paulos had a career shooting performance for the University of North Carolina Greensboro on Saturday night during the Spartans' 92-83 loss to the Davidson Wildcats. Paulos, a junior, went 9-for-9 on 3-point field goals in a game played at the Greensboro Coliseum.
His performance was one of the five best 3-point shooting games in NCAA Division I history. Only one player has hit 10 consecutive 3-pointers without a miss in a single game, and three other players, besides Paulos, have hit nine. This was a UNCG and Southern Conference record.
Paulos adds this record to his single game record of 10 3-pointers, which he set last year vs. UT-Chattanooga when he hit 10-of-12.
Paulos now ranks 8th on the all-time list of 3-point shooters at UNCG with 159. He leads the Southern Conference in 3-point field goals and 3-point field goal percentage.
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery: Ansah...
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers to...
- How to watch Utah football stars, local...
- Herriman brothers say their bond, competition...
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins Bruin Classic
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015
- High school basketball: Morby's last-second...
- MountainStar Healthcare Star Athletes of Week 20
- Locals and the NFL playoffs: Alex... 1
- Herriman brothers say their bond,... 1
- Utahns who made us love sports in 2015 0
- High school basketball: Morby's... 0
- How to watch Utah football stars, local... 0
- Prep Wrestling: state's best wrestlers... 0
- Prep Wrestling: Mountain View wins... 0
- Week 17 NFL locals roundup & gallery:... 0