POCATELLO, Idaho — Chris Hansen scored 10 of 13 points in the second half and Andre Hatchett finished with 17 as Idaho State pulled away from Southern Utah for a 60-45 win Thursday night.
Trey Kennedy hit a pair of free throws with 9:27 to play, pulling Southern Utah (1-13, 0-5 Big Sky) within five, 39-34. Idaho State then rattled off 11 of the next 12 points, opening up a 15-point lead. The Thunderbirds would get no closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Idaho State (6-8, 3-2) held a 28-24 advantage at halftime, but SUU shot 6 of 24 from the field, including 2 of 10 from 3-point range, in the second half as the Bengals pulled away.
Tomas Sanchez finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and four assists for Idaho State, which outrebounded the Thunderbirds 46-27, including 20-7 on the offensive glass.
Kennedy led SUU with 11 points.
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to ponder as the Aggies head to fall...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 109
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21