POCATELLO, Idaho — Chris Hansen scored 10 of 13 points in the second half and Andre Hatchett finished with 17 as Idaho State pulled away from Southern Utah for a 60-45 win Thursday night.
Trey Kennedy hit a pair of free throws with 9:27 to play, pulling Southern Utah (1-13, 0-5 Big Sky) within five, 39-34. Idaho State then rattled off 11 of the next 12 points, opening up a 15-point lead. The Thunderbirds would get no closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Idaho State (6-8, 3-2) held a 28-24 advantage at halftime, but SUU shot 6 of 24 from the field, including 2 of 10 from 3-point range, in the second half as the Bengals pulled away.
Tomas Sanchez finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and four assists for Idaho State, which outrebounded the Thunderbirds 46-27, including 20-7 on the offensive glass.
Kennedy led SUU with 11 points.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19