POCATELLO, Idaho — Chris Hansen scored 10 of 13 points in the second half and Andre Hatchett finished with 17 as Idaho State pulled away from Southern Utah for a 60-45 win Thursday night.
Trey Kennedy hit a pair of free throws with 9:27 to play, pulling Southern Utah (1-13, 0-5 Big Sky) within five, 39-34. Idaho State then rattled off 11 of the next 12 points, opening up a 15-point lead. The Thunderbirds would get no closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Idaho State (6-8, 3-2) held a 28-24 advantage at halftime, but SUU shot 6 of 24 from the field, including 2 of 10 from 3-point range, in the second half as the Bengals pulled away.
Tomas Sanchez finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and four assists for Idaho State, which outrebounded the Thunderbirds 46-27, including 20-7 on the offensive glass.
Kennedy led SUU with 11 points.
- Quiz: How much do you really know about BYU...
- BYU football media day: Live coverage
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: How well do you remember BYU's 1984...
- Sitake making transition from longtime...
- Utes have a lot of depth on the defensive line
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans proclaimed...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21