POCATELLO, Idaho — Chris Hansen scored 10 of 13 points in the second half and Andre Hatchett finished with 17 as Idaho State pulled away from Southern Utah for a 60-45 win Thursday night.
Trey Kennedy hit a pair of free throws with 9:27 to play, pulling Southern Utah (1-13, 0-5 Big Sky) within five, 39-34. Idaho State then rattled off 11 of the next 12 points, opening up a 15-point lead. The Thunderbirds would get no closer than 10 the rest of the way.
Idaho State (6-8, 3-2) held a 28-24 advantage at halftime, but SUU shot 6 of 24 from the field, including 2 of 10 from 3-point range, in the second half as the Bengals pulled away.
Tomas Sanchez finished with 11 points, seven rebounds and four assists for Idaho State, which outrebounded the Thunderbirds 46-27, including 20-7 on the offensive glass.
Kennedy led SUU with 11 points.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26