CEDAR CITY — Dylan Garrity scored 21 points and Mikh McKinney added 15 as Sacramento State dominated Southern Utah 77-49 Saturday night.
The Hornets (5-8, 1-3 Big Sky) held Southern Utah to just two points in the opening eight minutes, jumped out to a 15-point lead and coasted to a 36-15 advantage at the break. They stormed ahead to lead 50-20 in the second half after 3-pointers by McKinney and Zach Mills.
Sacramento State shot an efficient 60.4 percent from the field and was 9 of 16 from beyond the arc. The Hornets had 11 of their 13 players who saw action score.
Southern Utah (1-11, 0-3) opened the game cold, shooting 1 of 9 from the field and committing five turnovers. They stumbled to a 32-shooting percentage and were just 1 of 12 on 3-point attempts. Trey Kennedy led the Thunderbirds with 11 points and Casey Oliverson had nine with 10 rebounds.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 35
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28