CEDAR CITY — Dylan Garrity scored 21 points and Mikh McKinney added 15 as Sacramento State dominated Southern Utah 77-49 Saturday night.
The Hornets (5-8, 1-3 Big Sky) held Southern Utah to just two points in the opening eight minutes, jumped out to a 15-point lead and coasted to a 36-15 advantage at the break. They stormed ahead to lead 50-20 in the second half after 3-pointers by McKinney and Zach Mills.
Sacramento State shot an efficient 60.4 percent from the field and was 9 of 16 from beyond the arc. The Hornets had 11 of their 13 players who saw action score.
Southern Utah (1-11, 0-3) opened the game cold, shooting 1 of 9 from the field and committing five turnovers. They stumbled to a 32-shooting percentage and were just 1 of 12 on 3-point attempts. Trey Kennedy led the Thunderbirds with 11 points and Casey Oliverson had nine with 10 rebounds.
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah State's Keeton getting Heisman hype
- Utah football: Pac-12 Football Media Day Central
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 226
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 97
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 82
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 56
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 46
- ACC media days has some interesting... 44
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 29
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24