Invision, Evan Agostini, Associated Press
PASADENA, Calif. — British-born John Oliver says his adopted America is a comedy feast.
As Oliver puts it, American politics is a "circus of crazy" that is unmatched in the world.
The former Comedy Central star was promoting his upcoming HBO series at a Television Critics Association meeting Thursday.
Oliver honed in on one particular politician, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, after learning she was to host a Sportsman Channel breakfast for the TV group. Palin was recently announced as the host of a new channel series, "Amazing America with Sarah Palin."
A smiling Oliver predicted that the onetime GOP vice presidential candidate would do to sports what she did for politics. He didn't elaborate.
- Here's a quiz to test your Star Wars...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Britain's new princess can't expect...
- Have you seen 'Age of Ultron'? Here are 50...
- 'Avengers' sequel is second biggest US opener...
- Vonn says relationship with Woods is over
- Mayweather takes his $100 million check and runs
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders: 'I am... 41
- Rage to relief in Baltimore as 6... 40
- Defending the Faith: Going up to Jerusalem 30
- Former tech executive Carly Fiorina... 17
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- More Americans spending at least half... 13
- Famed neurosurgeon Ben Carson announces... 10
- Latest on police-custody death: 53... 9